Di Luca tests +ve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oops....
LPR weren't invited to the Tour were they? Is there a connection perhaps?

Skip Madness

I just realised, that's yet another grand tour where Carlos Sastre would be on the podium adjusted for positives/likely cheating.

In this Giro he was fourth, now Di Luca is positive he moves up to third.

In the 2006 Vuelta, he was fourth. Although no (major) positives came from that race, the three riders ahead of him were Alexandre Vinokourov and Andrey Kashechkin (both tested positive for blood transfusions the next season) and Alejandro Valverde (DNA link to Operación Puerto).

In the 2006 Tour he was fourth, promoted to third after Landis' positive.

Best of all, in the 2004 Vuelta he was sixth. Second-placed Santiago Pérez tested positive shortly afterwards, winner Roberto Heras tested positive in the next Vuelta, fourth-placed Alejandro Valverde we have already covered, while third and sixth-placed Francisco Mancebo and Carlos García Quesada both came up in Puerto too.

This from McQuaid:-
"I’m not sure of the regulations on this but I don’t think it would count as a second offence. But that is for the legal people to determine," said McQuaid.
I assume that's a mistranslation because I'm sure he meant to say "we nailed the bastard a second time and we don't want him back. I hope he knows the Italian for 'do you want fries with that?'"

onthe_road

I'm think the UCI could have blown the whistle at this year's Giro had they wanted to.
But they preferred to wait until the l'étape reine to "provisionally" suspend DDL.
Positives (pun intended), I'm happy I'm not editing Sastre's palmares on wikipedia - good work boys, you were pretty quick!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's being even more of a self-gratification artist now. Cyclingnews is reporting that he is denying it. Are we going to have to suffer another lengthy Hamilton / Landis-style phony martyrdom story, or will he eventually shut up and admit it a al Ricco?

Top Bottom