Did anyone get UCI London Prepares tickets today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
me neither!!!! on there at 10am,not a sausage.i managed to get 2 x tickets for Thursday night in the last release of tickets so i cant complain too much

Paul_L

Über Member
I got lucky. I logged on at 0955, and got one ticket for sunday at bang on 1001. Only 1 as my mates have already got tickets for the session. I'll be sat separate from them but hey ho.

Now just got to plan to get there. Estimate i'll have to leave home at 4am to allow enough time for the drive, park up, tube, walk, courtesy bus to get there for a 9.30 start.

May need to think about cheap hotels!!!

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

I got lucky. I logged on at 0955, and got one ticket for sunday at bang on 1001. Only 1 as my mates have already got tickets for the session. I'll be sat separate from them but hey ho.

Now just got to plan to get there. Estimate i'll have to leave home at 4am to allow enough time for the drive, park up, tube, walk, courtesy bus to get there for a 9.30 start.

May need to think about cheap hotels!!!

Where have you got to come from ?

Paul_L

Über Member
Where have you got to come from ?

Just north of Bradford.

Just booked a £29 travelodge in North London somewhere so will travel down on saturday evening. Current plans are to drive to Epping underground on sunday morning and get the Central Line to Stratford and meet my pals. There looks to be a big car park at Epping and i'm assuming at that time on a sunday morning it won't be busy.

Paul_L

Über Member
none whatsoever. The London Prepares web site says all spectators must arrive by public transport.

What can be a pain, traffic volumes, ability to park or disruption to the tubes? The fact that i'm staying down there the night before means i've got quite a bit of time in the morning on sunday, so i'll check the TFL web site for any planned disruption to public transport next week and tailor my journey accordingly.

You'd have thought that as this is not only part of the World Cup series, but a practice for all the infrastructure and systems in place for the Olympics they'd also want to make sure the spectator transport side of things runs smoothly as well.

I'm just thankful i got a ticket.

robgul

Legendary Member
There IS parking at the Olympic Site ... it's in the Westfield Shopping Centre that's next to the station and, I understand, that you are forced directed through the shopping centre to get to the gates for the events.

We have tickets for the Saturday daytime session ... no big deal with the BC advance offer ... just had to pay with VISA (only - my card of choice is a Mastercard) which I think is unreasonably monopolistic and restrictive ... yes, I know VISA is a sponsor but that's a step too far.

Rob

Paul_L

Über Member
There IS parking at the Olympic Site ... it's in the Westfield Shopping Centre that's next to the station and, I understand, that you are forced directed through the shopping centre to get to the gates for the events.

We have tickets for the Saturday daytime session ... no big deal with the BC advance offer ... just had to pay with VISA (only - my card of choice is a Mastercard) which I think is unreasonably monopolistic and restrictive ... yes, I know VISA is a sponsor but that's a step too far.

Rob

Is that definate Rob? There's no mention of parking on either the London Prepares web site or the London2012 site.

subaqua

What’s the point
Absolutely sure - Westfield is a bloody great shopping mall ... it wouldn't exist without parking. Here's the link : http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/ - it says 5,000 spaces - and there's a link to the prices too.

As with most things Olympic ... Ticketmaster, Seb and his chums all speak with forked tongue .....

Rob
there is parking at westfield ,but its bloody expensive. they don't force you to go through westfield, you could walk from Stratford station to the spectator entry point. takes the same time but its on a road and the risk assesment would show using a car free route to be safer . enjoy the walk across the park to the drome.

Top Bottom