DMR vault pedals - how to fit them?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chopster

I am lucky enough to have acquired a pair of vault dmr pedals, but they came without instructions and I can't find any via google. Where I would normally grip with a wrench to tighten them, it is rounded, and so can anyone advise me on how to fit them to the cranks, please?

Do they not have an allen key fitting on the end that you screw into the crank???

Tim Hall

Do they not have an allen key fitting on the end that you screw into the crank???
Yes, a swift google shows a gert big hexagonal hole in the end of the spindle. Just remember the left hand one has a left hand thread, so you turn it the "wrong" way to tighten it.

OP
OP
C

Chopster

yep, you are both absolutely right! I've always had pedals fitted with a wrench before! :blush: Can't wait to try these out on the trails now ^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
An 8mm hex key required. Make sure you get them the right way round. They may have l and r printed on them, but the most common way is for the logos to be embossed across the spindle body so that they read correctly when fitted. Always start pedal threads by hand, you'll feel any cross threading immediately. Put the cranks horizontal and turn towards the front wheel.

Top Bottom