Do you guys have any expectations for 2016 bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
As the title says, do you? In my opinion currently technology wise we reached pinnacle of what we can create with technology and resources we have. Nowadays what we can only achieve is cheaper production of carbon fibre meaning it will just get cheaper, but gearset wise? frame geometric wise? Is there really anything to look forward?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I expect each manufacturer to send me their flagship model for free.

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
what would really be cool also on cycling scene is that things like TDF would raise their minimum bike weight so we could actually see more effort from riders than from bike manufacturers

what would really be cool also on cycling scene is that things like TDF would raise their minimum bike weight so we could actually see more effort from riders than from bike manufacturers
Why would that be cool? I want to see cutting edge bikes ridden by elite athletes, if they are made of unobtanium even better. If I want to see heavy hunks of crap dragged up a hill I only have to look at my strava data.

JMAG

Über Member
All we'll probably see is a shed load of trickle-down technology and new paint schemes. CVT would be nice, nay epic.

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
cvt on a bike? damn that's nice idea, but is it even possible? :biggrin:

edit: it actually is but so far the lightest set up is around 4 kilos, di2 groupset is lighter than that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Really light, 100% puncture-proof, comfortable, durable tyres with incredible grip in the wet or dry, with tiny rolling resistance, and only costing £10 would be fantastic! :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Vittoria rubinos are your's type then :P
I don't have to look to know that they definitely do NOT have all of the above characteristics!

100% puncture-proof pretty much implies a solid tyre and they are not up to the job - yet! Maybe one day somebody will invent or discover a material that would do the job, but I doubt it.

400bhp

Guru
No actually bikes, but real time GPS mapping data, for grand tour cyclists,so you can actually plot & follow each rider and their position, rather than the crappy online graphic that is a bit of a random guess at times.

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
I don't have to look to know that they definitely do NOT have all of the above characteristics!

100% puncture-proof pretty much implies a solid tyre and they are not up to the job - yet! Maybe one day somebody will invent or discover a material that would do the job, but I doubt it.
tubeless is your friend i think

Top Bottom