Does Anyone on CC understand mobile phones ?? I need some help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace................had it now for 18 months.
Suddenly..........I can no longer receive 'smileys' (emoticons??). All I get is a small square frame.
I can send them to others alright. I even tried sending myself one and it came through........but when anyone sends them to me all I get is that black square.
I have gone through all the setting options but nothing seems to apply.
I have 'googled' the problem without success.
Any one got any ideas ??

G3CWI

Veteran
Sounds like a serious problem.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What phone is the sender using? I think iphones sometimes send unusual Smileys as MMS, so check your settings for MMS service centre and so on. They should be on your phone company's website.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What phone is the sender using? I think iphones sometimes send unusual Smileys as MMS, so check your settings for MMS service centre and so on. They should be on your phone company's website.

Same problem from anyone using any phone.

To you this may sound trivial but to me this is a life or death situation. Now I dont want to get heavy handed with you but this is just not good enough. I demand to be treated seriously.
:angry:^_^:blush::becool::laugh::ohmy::rolleyes::tongue::sad::smile::okay::wacko::evil:
I rest my case!!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is your phone memory got much space left? Have you upgraded the phone or is it still running the buggy original firmware?
TBH I'm not sure what you mean by "much space left".
It's a contract phone (so last resort I can contact Virgin)................so not upgraded as its just 18 months old.

Top Bottom