Drug driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
Today on the way home from work I tried to stop a guy from driving on a public footpath, which leads to St Nicks. He wound down his window apologized to me for ages explaining that the roads were just to full to use. He was stoned out of his tree and didn't care one bit, because he just used it anyway.

I saw him earlier that day doing 40mph down that path. It has a blind bend and being a footpath people use it for walking on. We used to have bollards blocking the entrance but a nice man from Yorwaste ran over it with his big lorry, smashing it to bits.

Been on to the boss at work for well over a year to buy new bollards but so far they haven't put their hands in their pockets to pay for any. One day someone is going to get killed by one of these speeding drivers. ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Why not just shop him to the Police?

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
User3143 said:
Sorry-he was doing 40mph in a car? down a footpath?

Yep he isn't the first car driver I have seen doing it. I have stopped a few of the using it as a public road. Nothings being done about it, when we had the police and the journalists in last week looking for the missing girl, they were speeding quite happily down the path too. :wacko:

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
The police are too busy at the moment to care about a public footpath, remembering number plates is always difficult for me. I'm not fast enough with my mobile to take a picture ether.

I'm sick of telling my bosses at work of their responsibilities, when it comes to rights of way on the land that they rent from York council.

Blackandblue

I regularly pass cars on my commute and at the weekend around South London where the smell of waccy baccy coming from the window is very pungent.

postman

Legendary Member
Some drivers are a law unto themselves.This morning i walked down to the Doc's.

I saw mobile phones being used ,reading papers not newspapers,out of date tax disc(3 months)

They don't care 'cos there are no Bobbies around.But Stonegate Road is one of the busiest roads around these parts.

Bman

Guru
The sad thing is, if these drivers were not "drug driving" they would still drive the same way and be just as much of a threat to the rest of us :wacko:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Regardless of how busy they are, get in touch and at least leave some info. There'll be a local bobby well up for a little bit of local intel on a pos druggie, especially if they regularly frequent the same area.

gavintc

Guru
Gromit said:
The police are too busy at the moment to care about a public footpath, remembering number plates is always difficult for me. I'm not fast enough with my mobile to take a picture ether.

I'm sick of telling my bosses at work of their responsibilities, when it comes to rights of way on the land that they rent from York council.

What does this have to do with your place of work? It seems a police problem not a private company one. Or is the driving on company land. Even so, if it has public access, I still think it is a police problem.

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
The area is an urban nature reserve near Tang Hall in York, the public footpath belongs (well for 90 years) to St Nicholas Fields, http://www.stnicksfields.org.uk/

If an access area is a footpath and is on any land belong to the reserve it is the responsibility of the land owner to maintain it. That includes putting up bollards, if they don't do this and someone gets hurt on their land then it is their responsibility if someone seeks legal action.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just call the Police non-emergency number and report them. The report will be logged on the PNC and builds up a picture of that driver's behaviour. Eventually the car will be seen by a traffic car equipped with ANPR and the driver will get stopped for a chat. If more than three reports are collected the Police will go round to their house for a chat. They do here in Lancashire anyway and it works, we have dealt with habitual speeders in our street this way.

Top Bottom