Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Route loaded on both Garmin and phone....

Work permitting, I'll be on the 2124 Pompey train that arrives Waterloo 2319. London Fields is (give or take) four and a half miles so I think I'll have done well to get to the Pub for 2345. Should I have to get the later trains via Three Bridges into London Bridge (arr. 2347) I'll be a bit late, obviously. If needs be, more than happy to just catch up. I'll let @redfalo know which train I make on the night.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I am coming. I've been worrying that I am still not sleeping through the small hours but have realised that is not a relevant criterion for normality with regard to a night ride.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Some people unfortunately dropped out. Here's the lastest list:

@AKA Bob
@AlexB
@Andrew Br
@andyman
@Eddie_C
@Flying Dodo
@Gordon P
@ianrauk
@Mark Grant
@Michael Adu
@Mice
@mllond
@rb58
@redfalo
@StuAff
@StuartG
@Tim Hall
@wanda2010
Richie A
Rebecca S

As for breaktfast in Dunwich, I have been in touch with the Ship at Dunwich pub to let them know we are coming. Officially, they only serve breakfast from 8-10am on Saturdays, which we probably won't make. However, they are happy to offer us a limited breakfast menu. Is there anyone apart from @rb58 planning not to ride to Dunwich and not having breakfast in the morning?

Many thanks
Olaf

AlexB

Veteran
Can I suggest an earlier meet up for 11:15 at Liverpool Street Station for those coming from west and south?
I don't especially want to hang around London fields for midnight.

Gordon P

The offending pothole was 5 miles before Finchingfield. Location here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152604497367755&set=p.10152604497367755&type=1&theater
Essex County Council have told one of the victims in early August that the "matter has been resolved". I'll ask if anyone local has had a recent look at it.
I checked it out this morning. It is not there.
I rode from Bran End to Gt Bardfield along the B1057 which includes passing the Lindsell turn. Either side of the turning, quite spaced out, there are 3 (2 before, 1 after) small holes which we should try to avoid but nothing that we won't find elsewhere. it just reminded me of the need for vigilance.
And a bit further south of the turn anyone riding on the white centreline will find it pitted.
I then rode back to Fyfield via Gt Dunmow & Hig Ongar but I don't know how much of that will be on our route. Anyway, again nothing major.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

Can I suggest an earlier meet up for 11:15 at Liverpool Street Station for those coming from west and south?
I don't especially want to hang around London fields for midnight.
When will you arrive? I'll meet @Andrew Br and @Mice 22:15 at Euston station. Our plan A would be to ride straight to London Fields and maybe have a drink at the pub, provided we can sort out bicycle parking safely (I doubt that...). Plan B could be to ride to Liverpool Station and pick you up there.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

I checked it out this morning. It is not there.
I rode from Bran End to Gt Bardfield along the B1057 which includes passing the Lindsell turn. Either side of the turning, quite spaced out, there are 3 (2 before, 1 after) small holes which we should try to avoid but nothing that we won't find elsewhere. it just reminded me of the need for vigilance.
And a bit further south of the turn anyone riding on the white centreline will find it pitted.
I then rode back to Fyfield via Gt Dunmow & Hig Ongar but I don't know how much of that will be on our route. Anyway, again nothing major.
good man!

rb58

Enigma
When will you arrive? I'll meet @Andrew Br and @Mice 22:15 at Euston station. Our plan A would be to ride straight to London Fields and maybe have a drink at the pub, provided we can sort out bicycle parking safely (I doubt that...). Plan B could be to ride to Liverpool Station and pick you up there.
I will pass Liverpool Street if that helps. Probably about 11.25.

StuartG

slower but further
@redfalo - Is there a preferred rendezvous time at the Pub?
I'll probably be cycling in from Dalston Junction. Nice if I wasn't alone for too long in such strange nordic territory.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

I'll probably be cycling in from Dalston Junction. Nice if I wasn't alone for too long in such strange nordic territory.

we're meeting 23:30 for a 0:00 start. when will you be at Dalston Junction? I may be able to pick you up, albeit it's a rather straightforward ride to London Fields. will take about 10 min

Gordon P

If your timing doesn't suit @redfalo I can meet you at Dalston, where I feel at home, even though it is the wrong side of London Fields from my proper home....

Tim Hall

I'll be riding up from London Bridge. A sensible route (to me) looks like Gracechurch Street, Bishopsgate , Shoreditch High Street then right onto Hackney Road, followed by Goldsmiths Row, across the canal, Broadway Market and into the back of the park.

What does the panel think? I'll be on a fixer, so should blend right in.

Top Bottom