Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm thinking I'll probably bail at Framlingham and tootle gently to Diss or maybe Ipswich from there, or something like that - I'll study the maps.

Darsham sounds unappealing and Diss via Dunwich, at a total of 140 miles, would be outside of my range.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
15:47 from Diss with a bike reservation appaz.

Way out of my range but YOLO.

I've only done one one-hundred-mile ride this year; but that was on a singlespeed so I'm hoping the extra 40 miles are a free bonus.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
15:47 from Diss with a bike reservation appaz.

Way out of my range but YOLO.

I've only done one one-hundred-mile ride this year; but that was on a singlespeed so I'm hoping the extra 40 miles are a free bonus.

I think I've done five or six. And while I finished them all happy, if you'd asked me at the end of any of them "do you fancy another 40 miles?" my reply would not have been very enthusiastic, and may have been ever so slightly impolite.

I expect I could probably survive 140 miles, but the last 20 I would be struggling to turn the pedals in bottom gear on the flat, having no fun at all.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I think I've done five or six. And while I finished them all happy, if you'd asked me at the end of any of them "do you fancy another 40 miles?" my reply would not have been very enthusiastic, and may have been ever so slightly impolite.

I expect I could probably survive 140 miles, but the last 20 I would be struggling to turn the pedals in bottom gear on the flat, having no fun at all.
Yebbut I feel like that after 60 miles. Or 10.

rb58

Enigma
What's all this talk of trains? I have unfinished business so will be riding back.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Here's the route that I've come up with:- http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=miepykuiaedjdcbr

It's 249km so I'm hoping that we'll have 16.6 hours to complete it at the minimum speed of 15km/h.
I've asked an Audax UK GPS DIY co-ordinator to confirm the timings and that the route is OK.

FWIW, I'm on the 14.47 from Diss. It cost £9.
I had considered a later train so that I could have one more beer with wanda but I decided to allow a bit more time to get across London Village for the train home.
If anyone wants to join redfalo and I in audaxing it, let me know and I'll try to help.
Actually, the more the merrier; more possibilities to get tows :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:.

U

User10571

As above.
I'm toying with the idea of whether it'd be prudent housekeeping to forewarn the TOC that there might be ~ 20 cyclists wanting to board their 14:47 service from Diss.
The last time I did this there were around a half a dozen of us boarding and that was sufficient to Cause Comment and Account For Delay to the travelling public on the day.
Olaf?
Helmsman?

Tim Hall

As above.
I'm toying with the idea of whether it'd be prudent housekeeping to forewarn the TOC that there might be ~ 20 cyclists wanting to board their 14:47 service from Diss.
The last time I did this there were around a half a dozen of us boarding and that was sufficient to Cause Comment and Account For Delay to the travelling public on the day.
Olaf?
Helmsman?
But isn't that where bike space reservations come in to play?

U

User10571

Methinks they can cope with > half a dozen cyclists.
Any more warrants Major Incident Alert.
No?

Top Bottom