Dunwich Dynamo 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
None taken! Glad I did the ride and got the butty ;-)

That was indeed an excellent ride that year with great company, of course Ant if the same camera was used this year it would show a very different picture.

jiberjaber

Veteran
So thinking about doing this but concerned about getting to London from Chelmsford as well... seems the trains might be a *little* problem! Not sure about the 30 mile ride in to the city ad then the Dun Run as I was considering riding back to Chelmsford which in itself is another 100km on the main event...

So thinking about doing this but concerned about getting to London from Chelmsford as well... seems the trains might be a *little* problem! Not sure about the 30 mile ride in to the city ad then the Dun Run as I was considering riding back to Chelmsford which in itself is another 100km on the main event...
Just go with the flow...to Chelmsford from Dunwich will be simple in the daylight...it's only when the dark nights of Essex get a grip...wwwooooooooo! (But there's always Shenfield kebab shop should rescue remedies be the order of the day.) From there, it's a straightforward trip back into London and a train out the next morning! ^_^

jiberjaber

Veteran
I'm more concerned with the total distance of getting on for 180+ miles and over 20 hours in the saddle as I've got to drive across France the following Wednesday! Furthest I've done so far is 86 miles (just this weekend).... hmmm adventure is certainly one word for it! :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm more concerned with the total distance of getting on for 180+ miles and over 20 hours in the saddle as I've got to drive across France the following Wednesday! Furthest I've done so far is 86 miles (just this weekend).... hmmm adventure is certainly one word for it! :smile:
20 hours? I think you'll be doing a lot better average than 9 mph...

Colin_B

Ride to the start,
Ride the dun run,
Ride to Ipswich,
Train back to Chelmsford,
Simple :-)
If you get in quick you should be able to get yourself a cycle reservation for the train from Ipswich to Chelmsford.

jiberjaber

Veteran
I could probably get a lift from Ipswich back to Chelmo, its easier for the Mrs to navigate to - so that's a possibility... will ponder some more.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Start on the bike, finish on the bike. The feeling you get and the look of shock when you tell others what you have done is worth it alone.

I have done the round trip twice now and for me to start it is a 96 mile ride to Hackney on the Saturday. In 2013 the furthest I had ridden that year was 80 miles but thought what the hell and when I got home I had 242 on the clock. Last year I talked another couple in riding down from Ipswich and this year I reckon there will be 7 or 8 of us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom