Dunwich Dynamo 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yes you are correct. Torque bikes are in Sudbury, on the left just the other side of the traffic lights after you have come down Ballingdon hill.

Last edited:
The £25 bus fare is still listed on the site, even though it was supposed to be £45 from the end of May. Time to snap up a ticket if you are riding.

http://www.active.com/dunwich-suffolk/cycling/races/dunwich-dynamo-return-transport-2016

I've decided against doing it this year, as my last 100km ride left me with a swollen and tender patella tendon. I don't want to find myself stranded half way at 3 am.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have that weekend off but can't make any plans until nearer the day (night). I have an operation due, but don't know when until I've been processed by the NHS.
I can possibly arrange to get a lift back in one of the trucks from my firm. It means riding another 15 or 20 miles to Ipswich, Beccles or Lowesoft after the ride though.
Also I'll have to get the train to Euston on Saturday afternoon then ride to London Fields for the start.
Could be a long event!

leyton condor

Veteran
1 week to go and the weather forecast looking not too tragic.
Bike is ready to go and I am now like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Only 7 more sleeps!

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Doing this for the first time this coming Saturday night , will be my longest ride by far but confident with a few stops & a steady pace & riding with colleagues from a new cycling club that I joined 6/7 weeks ago that I'll be ok .

Been to the LBS today & have new front & rear lights , just ordered a portable usb charging pack so that I can keep the garmin fully charged & my phone , have got some white LEDs powered by batteries to decorate the bike so I'm getting in the spirit of it :smile:

Anyone care to add any other words of advice for a DD Virgin ?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Doing this for the first time this coming Saturday night , will be my longest ride by far but confident with a few stops & a steady pace & riding with colleagues from a new cycling club that I joined 6/7 weeks ago that I'll be ok .

Been to the LBS today & have new front & rear lights , just ordered a portable usb charging pack so that I can keep the garmin fully charged & my phone , have got some white LEDs powered by batteries to decorate the bike so I'm getting in the spirit of it :smile:

I'll see you on the other side

Unless you want to cycle home again, book a return ticket now. http://www.active.com/dunwich-suffolk/cycling/races/dunwich-dynamo-return-transport-2016 Looks like you can still get the £25 tickets, a week before. When I did it in 2012, they were completely sold out by now. And dozens of cyclists were left standing on the platform after the ride (I did it on my folder)

It was my first "big" ride, a year after a solo ride to Brighton. It wasn't too hard then, only better now with pop up vans along the route. If you like this, I have something scary to suggest to you.

https://londonedinburghlondon.com

leyton condor

Veteran
hi Tiny01
I suggest you check that your Bike is in reasonable condition especially the tyres as fixing punctures in the dark is a bit of a pain but not impossible. I had one on the DD a few years ago and loads of people stopped to offer help and to offer some light in the dark.
Carry spare inner tubes and relevant tools in case of above.
Carry enough food in case the stalls run out or you can't be bothered to que.
But most importantly enjoy the occasion. It is an absolutely fantastic ride with all sorts of people and bikes.

tatr

For those riding back, are there any stops/shops between the coast and Needham Market that are open early?

I'm expecting to hit Needham Market on the return journey at 7-8am and the co-op opens at 7am on Sunday. But that's 54km into the return journey which makes me pretty reliant on getting water at Dunwich - is there a good place to fill up with water there?

U

User10571

Indeed. I was trying to remember where that was, where we stopped on our October Dun Run.

Top Bottom