Early starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carryonmike

Hi guys. I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I start work at 6am and I can have an extra 20 mins in bed if I drive the nine miles to work. I prepare my rucksack for a ride into work but when my alarm goes off I just turn over and snooze for 20 mins. I enjoy the ride once I'm up and out but it's just getting out of bed in the first place I struggle with. Anyone the same?

Drago

Legendary Member
Yep, same temptation sometimes strikes me.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope, love riding my bike.. highlight of my day.. can't wait to get up and out the door for my 20 mile commute in.

But.. a 6am start.. damn.. that would be hard for anybody.

Blurb

Über Member
I don't allow the thought of not riding in to cross my mind. I have a routine and that's it.
I ride right past the tube just after leaving home and don't even consider it as an option.
Just think of the fitness, saved money, whatever motivates. Other forms of transport are dead to me when it comes to commuting.
Having said that, my early start is at 8AM and 11 miles.

young Ed

Veteran
my mum doesn't want me riding the local busy A road in the dark at about 04:30 this time next year, i wonder why?
Cheers Ed

If I'm running to work, on an early-turn (06:00 start), I'm out by 04:35
Roughly 30 minutes for the 4 & 1/4 miles to get there, then I have to find some towels (from a Ward, if we don't have any)

A shower, then breakfast, & a pot of tea, takes me to about 05:50

Takes me longer to get in to work in the car, on the one occasion it was raining and I wussed out I snoozed and used being late as an excuse to drive. I was kicking myself when I ended up stationary in traffic for 30 minutes. Never again!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Takes me longer to get in to work in the car, on the one occasion it was raining and I wussed out I snoozed and used being late as an excuse to drive. I was kicking myself when I ended up stationary in traffic for 30 minutes. Never again!
Traffic for 30 mins , lucky you ! I went to pick up my tools today and left at 230pm . 17 miles later I was home at 530 pm :cursing:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I have a 6am start too (alternate weeks). Up to now it's put me off commuting by bike but I'm determined to get my sh*t together and do it in the new year.

Top Bottom