Earth - Chris Packham....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
It is a difficult brief: earth history for everyman and everywoman. What we have ended up with is selected dramatized highlights of earth history told by the inevitable natural world presenter with a symphony orchestra in his back pocket. Good enough to whet my appetite to read it up from less popular sources. The biggest shortcoming is the failure to show the big picture; but that, I suppose, is precisely the part which they judge Mr and Ms everyperson will find off-puttingly boring. Not brilliant but hard to do better.

This big picture?
1691075935989.jpeg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It is a difficult brief: earth history for everyman and everywoman. What we have ended up with is selected dramatized highlights of earth history told by the inevitable natural world presenter with a symphony orchestra in his back pocket. Good enough to whet my appetite to read it up from less popular sources. The biggest shortcoming is the failure to show the big picture; but that, I suppose, is precisely the part which they judge Mr and Ms everyperson will find off-puttingly boring. Not brilliant but hard to do better.

if it wasn't selected highlights, the runtime of the series would be about 4.5 billion years :whistle:

Top Bottom