East Yorkshire group rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening,

Just wondered if any East Yorks-based CCers ever go on rides together in the area? Or if anyone knows of any other friendly group rides round these parts. Anyone know what the the local CTC's like? Was hoping to find something non-competitive and low-stress but without straying cleated sandles territory.

I'm doing a circular around Holderness to Spurn point this week with a friend who's coming over from Sheffield and would like to do more of that kind of thing, but none of my local mates are into cycling.

Cheers,
Andy

HelenD123

Guru
When I lived in Beverley we had quite a few CC rides. I don't know whether any of the locals still go out.

@craigwend @Soltydog @Shaun

I went out with Cottingham CTC a few times and they were really friendly. I only ever went on the C rides so I don't know what the longer/faster rides are like.

HelenD123

Guru
Just remembered there also used to be a group that met at the Royal Standard pub in Beverley. You could also try asking in the cycle cafe in Beverley whether they know of any local groups.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I now ride with Hornsea Peloton (work permitting). No website, but they are on facebook. Ride on Saturday at 8:30am & Sunday 9:00am from Williams Farm Kitchen at Freeport. The Saturday ride is 'brisk' & can be anywhere from 40 miles to 100 at around 17mph average. The Sunday ride is more leisurely & can be as slow as 12 mph, no one gets dropped & its a very friendly bunch :okay:

postman

Legendary Member
Oh i am building up to a ride from here in Leeds to Bridlington.We are doing it in June,got a route already marked out.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
Just remembered there also used to be a group that met at the Royal Standard pub in Beverley. You could also try asking in the cycle cafe in Beverley whether they know of any local groups.

Thanks for your suggestions @HelenD123 - I've been meaning to try the cafe in Beverley for a while so I'll ask about the Royal Standard group when I'm next in there.

That's great - looks like a good site, and the group's right on my doorstep, can't believe I haven't heard of them before. Looks like one of the founders is a friend of a friend too - thanks for clueing me in @craigwend :okay:

I now ride with Hornsea Peloton (work permitting). No website, but they are on facebook. Ride on Saturday at 8:30am & Sunday 9:00am from Williams Farm Kitchen at Freeport. The Saturday ride is 'brisk' & can be anywhere from 40 miles to 100 at around 17mph average. The Sunday ride is more leisurely & can be as slow as 12 mph, no one gets dropped & its a very friendly bunch

Yeah, I think I've seen those rides listed on the Skyrides site. I'll try to get across and join you one weekend...might have to be a Sunday ride to start with though, til I get my pace and confidence up. Cheers.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nothing to stop you organising a group ride on here.

You may, or may not, get a lot of interest.

But as @ianrauk of this parish once wisely said, get just one person to come along and you have a group ride.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
If anyone else is in the area and interested in trying out a group ride Cottingham Road Club are now doing regulare starter rides. Going to give it a whirl next Weds evening and see if I can keep up. Thanks for flagging the group up :smile:

Top Bottom