"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep got to 49 - now need to ride 50 miles 2 times to get to 50. To get to 51 need to ride another 7 times!!!

I think it will start to get harded to increase from now on, might try and get my commute to over 50 miles round trip.

God knows how you are upto 105!!!!
Good work!!!

Yeah, the higher the number, the harder it gets to progress.
How I'm up to 105? Long weekend rides every weekend....that's the answer :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Saw this a while ago, but only just worked my number out.

I did it at first by putting all my rides (since 2010) in descending order and made it 57. Then I read this thread and saw the link http://canini.me/eddington/index.php which has helpfully added all my within-day rides together. My E number is now 60. I make this year's number 34 but I haven't added within-day rides together.

Its kind of interesting and may motivate me occasionally to bung a few more miles in than I otherwise would.

Last edited:
Thanks @Norry1 for reviving this thread.

Just got home from a long day of cycling - but not that far, due to equipment problems - rear gear cable needs replacing. But I've worked out if I cycling another 3 miles, I will increase my number to 52. So I am about to find out how lazy I am.

How lazy am I? Very. 3 months later, and I've only got to 54.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Just six years ago I could not imagine ever riding over 40 miles. Then I started doing audaxes, joined a club and entered the Metric Century a Month Challenge. Now up to a lifetime Eddington number of 41, but have quickly lost the will to keep calculating it! Mrs Donger will be pleased, as I was always leaving bits of paper covered in numbers lying around the house. Besides, I don't reckon I'll ever get it up beyond the low 60s, even if I do the challenge again for the next 3 years. 105 is mindblowing, @ianrauk.

Top Bottom