Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Embra(ish) to Peebles (take two) 8th August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Hello,
We've not had a wee CC Ecosse Jolly for a wee bit so thought I would stick one up.

https://app.strava.com/routes/2656219

Starting in Loanhead, Meeting at the big horn thing at the end of the High street 9ish, heading for Peebles on usually quiet roads, stop for food ( don't have anywhere in mind but open to suggestions, or, chips and home made ice cream on the high street.) then head back but may have to endure a few miles on the A703 (someone might know a quieter route back). its about 65 miles usual CC Ecosse Terrain, mostly flat, some bumps no real hills. Speed will be as fast as the slowest rider. the same three rules, No one gets left behind, Cake and Any bike.

Free parking at the park and ride just outside Loanhead and I don't mind meeting people in Edinburgh and cycling to the start.

Times and date can be changed to suit if necessary.

Interested.
Myself
@the_craig
@DougieAB
@Edwardoka
@Louch (I owes you a gel)

On another jolly
@frogeyes
@Fubar
@Telemark

I'm off work next week so will get a PM sent out with contact details and the like when I can.

Last edited:

frogeyes

im away :sad:

the_craig

Über Member
I've just had a quick look at work shifts and I'm off and so is the bosslady. So childcare shouldn't be a issue.

I'm interested as it would be my first CC ride and also my first ride with other people. Only issue would be the distance but with plenty jelly babies and a couple stops, I'm sure I'd could manage.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Trying to organise my commuting / leisure cycling a bit better. Used to hate taking a day off from commuting so never get many leisure rides in. Came to work in the car last Friday so that I would manage the EFOC night ride so I could do the same on Friday 3rd. Sounds like a good ride and the start is only five miles away from home so even better.

Fubar

Guru
Hello,
We've not had a wee CC Ecosse Jolly for a wee bit so thought I would stick one up.

https://app.strava.com/routes/2656219

Starting in Loanhead, Meeting at the big horn thing at the end of the High street 10ish, heading for Peebles on usually quiet roads, stop for food ( don't have anywhere in mind but open to suggestions, or, chips and home made ice cream on the high street.) then head back but may have to endure a few miles on the A703 (someone might know a quieter route back). its about 65 miles usual CC Ecosse Terrain, mostly flat, some bumps no real hills. Speed will be as fast as the slowest rider. the same three rules, No one gets left behind, Cake and Any bike.

Free parking at the park and ride just outside Loanhead and I don't mind meeting people in Edinburgh and cycling to the start.

Times and date can be changed to suit if necessary.

Looks like a good ride Dougie - unfortunately I'm away in Cornwall. Have a good ride! (might be worth cross-posting to the Irn Bru thread too)

edindave

Über Member
Looks good. Can't think how you can avoid the A703 if you're going to Peebles. If you changed the cafe stop to Innerleithen you could consider heading out via Heriot then down the Old Stage Road - very scenic - and pick up the quiet road at Caddonfoot following south alongside the Tweed to Innerleithen. Then back home over the Granites.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Will be busy with leading a Belles ride into deepest darkest Midlothian that day, incidentally passing right under the trumpet thingy on the railway path, a bit later than you lot though. @edindave's variation looks much preferable to me ...
Polton Mill and Roslin Glen :okay:

the_craig

Über Member
I've sorted work. I've sorted the wee lass. I've even got a permission slip from the bosslady.

So I'm up for this if it's happening.

In other words, I'm in.

OP
OP
ShooglyDougie

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
I've sorted work. I've sorted the wee lass. I've even got a permission slip from the bosslady.

So I'm up for this if it's happening.

In other words, I'm in.

Good stuff. I did my first CC ride a couple of years ago and had a blast. Great buch of folk to ride with and banter that can keep you smiling, even when you are accidentally poisoning yourself (long story :whistle:). See you at the start next week.

It's amazing how people use stories of poisoning and carrying a laptop as excuses for me beating them up hills lol
I can blame the laptop and the triban but ultimately you were on great form that day. I was not.
The balance has since been restored :hugs:

Hope the weather is ok this weekend. Thunder and lightning wouldn't stop me, but poxy manflu might.

Top Bottom