Eurosport - is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
In the interests of balance... Yes. :becool:

gavgav

Guru
Not much of interest is shown on there these days. SKY and BT Sport own anything worth watching, other than the TDF but you can watch that on ITV4 anyway

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Whilst i was waiting for my house to be built last year and i was staying with friends i subscribed so i could watch the cycling. It was good for my circumstances though the downer is you have sign up for a year. It was £3.99 a month then.

I have SKY now at £29 a month which includes Eurosport and gives me Sky Go+ which is great for all my commuting.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There are lots of repeats. I've watched the Barnsley circuit races about four times this week!

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
My brother has the app and watches all the cycling, he thinks it's good value but he would as he still lives at home and doesn't have to spend any money on anything else like Council Tax and Mortgages, Utilities...etc... I have it as part of my Sky, like others, and only switch to it for cycling coverage.
Is it worth the price of a coffee or two per month x12 to have access to TV coverage of three Grand Tours plus all the Classics plus one week World Tour stage races plus UK Crits (not all of them, and there's a lot of unavoidable and inexplicably timed ad breaks and a lot will have Carlton Kirby commentating....)?

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It's the cycling I'm interested in and think I want to watch more than the TDF. I've read a few threads bemoaning sudden changes in schedules etc, and since Eurosport don't seem to offer a trial period, don't have anything to go on.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It's the cycling I'm interested in and think I want to watch more than the TDF. I've read a few threads bemoaning sudden changes in schedules etc, and since Eurosport don't seem to offer a trial period, don't have anything to go on.

I had the eurosport player for a year and hardly watched it and sometimes when I did try to watch it the app would crash or not work. I have found that nearly everything I want to watch cycling wise can be found on a stream somewhere or on normal tv.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You don't have to sign up for a year. You can subscribe a month at a time, for £6 instead of £4.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I wouldn't pay for the privilege of watching loads of adverts.
If we all felt that then there wouldn't be any Pro Cycling (or much sport at all) to watch. Even One Pro Cycling being partly 'crowdfunded' has a 'title sponsor' partnership with F&F clothing. It depends on the adverts to be able to happen in the first place.

Last edited:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Eurosport cycling is very good - there are a lot of the one-day classics, minor Tours and pre-season build-up races plus the main Tours.

The only problem is that aside from the main Tours cycling is of low level importance and occasionally gets shunted back when other Live scheduled sports overrun (mainly Tennis!).

Top Bottom