Ever wondered what Ipswich looks like on a Tuesday morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Makes sense to cater for the contrarians round here. And whilst it might seem surprising enough that the thread title has attracted even the small and distinguished band of contributors to date, I note with astonishment that several of them appear to have watched the video.

I haven't just in case it includes a glimpse of Portman Road.(Norwich City supporter!)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You've been watching re-runs of Mr and Mrs with the coalman again.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Slightly OT but aren't Norwich soccer team called The Canaries? Why are they not called 'The Mustards'? Or is it because eating said product over yonder makes the men 'kin 'airy, and the name just stuck?

It dates back 400 or so years from when traders from Belgium and Holland, who were also keen on rearing canaries, settled in Norwich and the city became associated with the birds over the years. The original budgie smugglers I guess!

It dates back 400 or so years from when traders from Belgium and Holland, who were also keen on rearing canaries, settled in Norwich and the city became associated with the birds over the years. The original budgie smugglers I guess!
Lucky it was only budgies. Most soccer teams have a cockatoo somewhere in their history it seems.

S.Giles

The high-point of a day (I'm not sure if it was a Tuesday) I spent in Ipswich many years ago was seeing a truck with 'Celestion' painted on the side.

I'm not kidding - it was that exciting.

Steve

Top Bottom