Ex Employer No Longer There.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Whats the best way of wording a CV, so as to make it clear that an ex employer is no longer contactable.
Recently found out that any application for employment history wasn't being answered. I've since found out its because they are no longer in business.
Need to keep it as short as possible.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just say that. That your former employer is no longer in business and therefore cannot be contacted.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
After 40 years and 7 employers only 2 of those are still trading in there original name/form. The rest have long been taken over, subject to a management buyout or privatised.
Not something worth mentioning as it happens all the time. I would look on Linkedin for your previous managers and see if they will give a personal reference if it is needed. That will count for more than a company one which will probably only say "Classic33 was employed as The Grim Reaper between dd/mm/yy and dd/mm/yy"

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Its my last employer, who for many places these days, must be given as a reference.
That being removed for me, was my reason for asking.

Thanks for the replies though.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
If your former employer is no longer in business, then there is nothing a new employer or you can do legally or otherwise. Maybe they will accept a reference from your employer before that.

Top Bottom