Excel filter dilemma..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

What can stop two columns having a filter placed on the top of them: Excel only allowing 1 col. to be filtered :ohmy:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yenrod said:
What can stop two columns having a filter placed on the top of them: Excel only allowing 1 col. to be filtered :biggrin:

I thought that airline went tits up:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is there a hidden column - I assume auto filter ? Try highlighting the two columns/ area of data then auto filter.

Missing lines maybe, or excel not looking at the whole data range - so highlight the range first.

yenrod said:
What can stop two columns having a filter placed on the top of them: Excel only allowing 1 col. to be filtered :wacko:

If you know VBA, you can use this to set the filter range
where ws is the sheet you want to work with

With ws
.Select
'turn off filter
.AutoFilterMode = False
'count how many columns are used in header
c = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
'turn on filter
.Range("A1").Resize(1, c).AutoFilter
End With

bonj2

that won't work unless 'ws' is prior defined.

yenners: try making sure the column you're trying to filter has a column heading?, i.e. a title for it in the top row.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

bonj said:

yenners: try making sure the column you're trying to filter has a column heading?, i.e. a title for it in the top row.

It has a title BUT I've placed the filter below that...

- I've also tried highlighting both col.s then filtering and no joy !

bonj2

try selecting the whole columns and from the Data menu, choose Filter -> Auto filter.

it doesn't like filtering only certain rows of a column, it's better to filter the whole column.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

bonj said:
try selecting the whole columns and from the Data menu, choose Filter -> Auto filter.

it doesn't like filtering only certain rows of a column, it's better to filter the whole column.

I'll try that Bonj..!

bonj said:

Isn't that what I said?

Top Bottom