"Excuse Me Constable" Citizen Stop And Account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
List them all apart from the two that have been identified by Beano.

Hell, I'm feeling generous. Identify thirty incidents and provide links to the supporting evidence. Shouldn't take more than five minutes if the misdemeanours are as common as you claim.

I wait with bated breath.

EDIT Please don't attempt to list incidents. I don't want to encourage your posting of further evidence of the dystopian world in which you dwell.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cases_of_police_brutality_in_the_United_States

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The officers are not charged and these would files would not be open to the public. What I will do is link the relevant reports and footage is any suplied.

Will have to be when I am back from work.

Please don't waste further electrons with your bollox. No one will thank you if you do.

You missed the editing of my posting BTW.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Please don't waste further electrons with your bollox. No one will thank you if you do.

You missed the editing of my posting BTW.
Changed is so you can shiv through most of the reported cases gathered and listed.
What you asked was done as there is more than 30
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Strike!
A common phrase is "suck it"

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Just for info, as I happened to be reading this thread:

1) @Mods doesn't do anything. There is no user called Mods. If you want to attract the attention of the moderators, you need to use @Moderators (the hint is, if it doesn't turn blue when you have posted your message, it isn't a tag to an actual user).

2) @Moderators will let the 'Moderators' account know that someone has referred to them in a message. Moderators is an identity that all moderators have access to, but we need to log on separately to our normal user account. So, for example, I would only see messages or tags for Moderators if I bothered to log in separately - I don't do this very often, and I don't think the other mods do either.

And the take-home message is that if you want to attract the attention of the moderators, report the post using the link at the bottom. That's what it is there for...

vernon

Just for info, as I happened to be reading this thread:

1) @Mods doesn't do anything. There is no user called Mods. If you want to attract the attention of the moderators, you need to use @Moderators (the hint is, if it doesn't turn blue when you have posted your message, it isn't a tag to an actual user).

2) @Moderators will let the 'Moderators' account know that someone has referred to them in a message. Moderators is an identity that all moderators have access to, but we need to log on separately to our normal user account. So, for example, I would only see messages or tags for Moderators if I bothered to log in separately - I don't do this very often, and I don't think the other mods do either.

And the take-home message is that if you want to attract the attention of the moderators, report the post using the link at the bottom. That's what it is there for...

I know the protocol. My @mods was a sotto voce appeal cast into the ether with no expectation of action being taken.

vernon

This is the Cafe. If you want a debate about the trustworthness of police forces (rather than a sensationalist rant based on supposition) then please start a new thread in Current Affairs and Debates.

Thanks,
Shaun

You have been promoted to my fairy godfather. :thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I happen to work 'alongside' police officers on a semi-regular basis & for me, police men & women have been forced down a very 'soft' route by the suits in government.

I will explain.

All officers (somewhere in a police force near you) have recently been or will soon be attending a course on (roughly speaking) 'modern tactile policing'.

From what I have gleaned, there aren't very many who have come away from this course happy.

Example (deliberately exaggerated) but closer to the truth than you would imagine.

Fabricated, untrue, made up, didn't happen example.

Police officer has to arrest Heroin Dave from 'the estate' after he has broken into 90 year old Edna's house, pushed her over & stolen anything valuable.

"I am truly sorry about this Sir, but I am going to have to arrest you & deprive you of your freedom for a short period of time"

"I understand that this is inconvenient for you & may cause you to become a little stressed but it is my duty"

"I can't begin to understand how you must be feeling right now & I truly sympathise/empathise with your situation"

"It must be hard having no paid work & valuing your drugs more than the life & rights of an old lady"

"Is there anything I can do to make your experience of being arrested better" ?

This is the (exaggerated) way that 'the suits' would like policing in Britain to be.

Obviously I don't speak on behalf of any current or ex police officers, nor have I 1st hand eye witness evidence of the course content but 'people do talk' to each other.

Many officers I have spoken to openly ridicule this 'state of affairs'.

I make it clear that
A) I am not a police officer
B) I do not speak on behalf of any individual
C) I respect & value our police force & the laws of our country
D) I do not seek to cause offence or embarrassment to any police officer.

These are 1st hand 'experiences' of the disgust that some have shown to the way that they are being 'bound' & treated by 'the suits'.
I preferred the version in use when I was in the job: "You ARE going to the jail. There is a hard way, and there is an easy way; but no matter what, you are going. The choice is yours."

I preferred the version in use when I was in the job: "You ARE going to the jail. There is a hard way, and there is an easy way; but no matter what, you are going. The choice is yours."

What's that well used saying, ah yes " The job's f**ked"

Thing is, these days it really is.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
What's that well used saying, ah yes " The job's f**ked"

Thing is, these days it really is.
I think that expression is in use in a great many places Fox & you would be right too.

From attacks on hospital staff & paramedics to police officers, firefighters, teachers & bus drivers & the murder of British soldiers.

None of whom are adequately protected by law or common sense while the scummers are overly protected.

It would seem that anyone with a uniform that might be perceived as authoritarian or anyone in that position is a target or challenge to certain sections of society.

The suits have created this monster & one day will have to attempt to kill off the monster too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom