Expat pleasures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
A colleague has just returned from the local 'big town' and brought some Camembert Cheese, the first I've had for ages and I'm really enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
So as a general question what as your favorite Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Keith Oates said:
So as a general question what as your favorite Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brie of Camembert.. Camembert heated up in the oven is just sooo good. :blush:

Brock

Had a lovely 'Dorset Blue Vinny' ploughmans in West Lulworth recently. I think cheese is like beer, why go foreign when we do it so well ourselves?
That said I've enjoyed a deep fried Camembert and a delicious Roquefort and white wine sauce with scallops and sea bass lately.

nickwill

Just take care! You'll have that David Duffield bloke sniffing round the forum if you are not careful. You know what he's like when he gets a sniff of cheese! :blush:

Big Bren

I'm with Rhythm Thief - in so much as cheese can kick ass, grilled haloumi does it for me.

Also like a lovely feta in a nice crisp salad.

Bren

longers

Legendary Member
Pottsy said:
A good Red Leicester makes a lovely sandwich, though to eat on it's own I'd probably go for a Camembert.

I remember a post on C+ from someone who worked at a cheese factory for a bit. Most of the time they made cheddar but when they chose to make red leicester - out came the food dye and it was slapped into the cheddar - Hey presto it's Red Leicester!

Brie on black pudding then grilled I like. Serve with onion marmalade.
Double Gloucester for cheese on toast.
Roquefort for steak.
Mature cheddar for most cooking.
Grilled Haloumi I had forgotten about. Ta.

Top Bottom