"Expletive deleted" - anyone having trouble with Twitter tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I have had a Twitter account for six years if truth be known. I've used it once - to confirm the sighting of the Vulcan bomber over Leeds last year.

I've not been motivated enough to find out how to filter the shite that comes my way so it sits redundant and uninstalled as an app.

You can't.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Interesting...

https://twitter.com/JSRighteous/status/617442412252766208

Got sent that above link some point last night. (I'm awake now due to being unable to sleep anyway). Interesting because my account was a) locked after reporting Jolly for something and b) I no longer have an account* - I did not close it. I wonder if the two are some how linked? Whether its a coincidence or not I have no idea. Still no word from Twitter as to what the hell they've done and why.

*I have set up another account in the interim but will probably barely use it.I created it to tweet to various Twitter staff members to ask for help, but again no joy.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Interesting...

https://twitter.com/JSRighteous/status/617442412252766208

Got sent that above link some point last night. (I'm awake now due to being unable to sleep anyway). Interesting because my account was a) locked after reporting Jolly for something and b) I no longer have an account* - I did not close it. I wonder if the two are some how linked? Whether its a coincidence or not I have no idea. Still no word from Twitter as to what the hell they've done and why.

*I have set up another account in the interim but will probably barely use it.I created it to tweet to various Twitter staff members to ask for help, but again no joy.

I think the answer is to keep hammering at Twitter 'support' until they reopen an account. They don't have an air of competence in my experience.

Twitter is best used during a crisis, an emergency etc when you or those you know are caught up in it and you need updates or help. Its has become the first channel of choice on early updates from the authorities, people in the know or directly involved. Examples are London riots when people tweeted to find what to avoid, places open to buy food etc, Heathrow snow shutdown with thousands stranded......

Then you have Taylor Swift or updates from Professor ( personally this stumped me!)

Ps. Once you provide the phone number, it will back to normal. The US authorities are pushing the social media industry to do a base level KYC and the phone number or an altenate valid email completes the validation. If you have old accounts such as hotmail, yahoo etc, you will eventually get it. Real pain until you provide the validation.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Twitter is good for getting attention of people such as council's at times. Choose who you follow carefully and get rid of those who post rubbish!

Top Bottom