Faith in Human nature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A little while ago son2 had his bike nicked from outside the newsagent as he went in to collect his papers to do his round. He was pretty upset when it happened.

Since then, the papershop started a collection for him and lots of customers have donated. I think at last count there was 70 quid in the box, plus he's had numerous offers of spare bikes that he could have.

I think he feels pretty humbled at the response he's had, as do I. Kinda restores your faith in human nature does it not.

Blue

Legendary Member
To all such people :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Use what you need to get him back on a bike, buy him a lock and donate any surplus to a local charity. Everyone's a winner.

Nice that people still care, it's so easy to be a hardened cynic in this day and age.
That's a good idea. The lock he had. Use it he did not, as Yoda would say.

I have got him a 2nd hand GT Chucker frame and I have the rest bar a few pieces in my spares boxes. He's paying the costs and an equivalent replacement bike is not on the cards unless he buys it. A hard lesson has been learnt. To be fair to him, no one else locks their bike up when they go in, I think he gained a false sense of security from that.

Sara_H

Guru
Similar thing happened to us when one of my step-son's had his bike pinched. A neighbour gave him his old bike that he didn't use anymore. It made my day.

Best of all it's a right old clunker, a very old raleigh mountain bike. Perfectly serviceable, just needed a pair of tyres and a bit of tweeking to get it running. With the addition of two mismatching mudguards it is a complete eyesore that no one in their right mind would steal!

Top Bottom