Fallowfield Loop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
All tarmac I believe foss, lots of barriers though.
Plus there is a ban on bright lights :whistle:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Tarmac all the way :smile:

Is great as a 'Ive had a few many beverages in Chorlton' run, or I'm moving large loads with a bike trailer

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All tarmac I believe foss, lots of barriers though.
Plus there is a ban on bright lights :whistle:

Ah, high Speed fixie and bright lights ?

Thinking of swinging a right from home and going to Hyde (or via Denton), then picking up Windmill Lane over the M60 into North Reddish and get on the Loop at Longford Lane and off near Alexandra Park ?

Would be a great route for the MTB in winter, but might try it on the fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Just did a quick reccy in the car, and it's 7 miles via Hyde to the Loop, or about 6/6.5 via Denton. Hyde looks best option as it will be quiet.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just had a look at a map and it's a real PITA to get from the Woodley area over to Longford Rd West to gain access to the Loop. If you were ok to go offroad and drop into the Tame valley it would be a lot simpler but to stay on tarmac means a circuitous route using some of the busy roads I guess Mrs Fossy want you to avoid?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Don't you have to go Via both?

Sort of. I can loop east via Hyde then Denton, or West via Bredbury, Haughton Green then Denton. Both aren't bad routes, bit lumpy for the fixed though.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Just had a look at a map and it's a real PITA to get from the Woodley area over to Longford Rd West to gain access to the Loop. If you were ok to go offroad and drop into the Tame valley it would be a lot simpler but to stay on tarmac means a circuitous route using some of the busy roads I guess Mrs Fossy want you to avoid?

Off road is my bad weather/winter - drop over on TPT from Woodley, down to the Sewer Works, then up and across onto TPT again via Reddish. Hyde route is quietest until you hit the A57, but that's about a mile of heavy traffic.

Top Bottom