Fantasy TdF 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Just logged in for the first time since setting up my team expecting to be firmly routed at the bottom. Slightly surprised to find myself sat in second place! lol

The Couch

Über Member
Hey... no smugness allowed until you win this thing twice (2 for 2 by the way) and you look to be on your way to number 3 (meaning 3 for 3) :biggrin:

No, gotta say @JoeyB ... you have selected nicely and if Peraud (from my team) would crash out, it will basically be between you and the guy in 3rd place.

The Couch

Über Member
Since I am overwhelmed by all the congratulations :blink:... I'll start it off myself

Whooohooo.... 3 for 3 :dance::music::dance:
Leading from stage 1 till the end (and ending with a nice points buffer :smile:)

So.... euhm.... anybody interested in Vuelta 2014 Fantasy...? ;)

Wafer

Veteran
Heh, nicely done! 1st and 2nd GC and 1st and 3rd green jersey was it? Must try harder on picking white jersey and KOMs ;)

I'm pretty pleased with 5th tbh! Bardet was a completely random pick for me, I figured riders from FDJ and AG2R would probably be good value for breakaways but got that wrong in a positive way :smile:
Thought Sagan would get Green but I picked Kittel regardless, got a fair few stage wins overall.

Good fun, I'll be up for the Vuelta :smile:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i finished 3rd. i was gonna pick sagan but decided against it. next year rolland is getting the boot! i have placed my (Misguided) trust in him to deliver points for the last 2 years and look where its got me!!

biking_fox

Guru
Much better than expected even if way off the podium by the end.

Interestingly it is possible (in hindsight) to have picked a maximum points team from 8 of the top nine riders - usually the points cost of hte best riders s is way too high, but by swapping Valdeverde for Coquard you'll have a squad of nine and the best achievable score of 11471 unless I've got my maths wrong.

The Couch

Über Member
Interestingly it is possible (in hindsight) to have picked a maximum points team from 8 of the top nine riders - usually the points cost of hte best riders s is way too high, but by swapping Valdeverde for Coquard you'll have a squad of nine and the best achievable score of 11471 unless I've got my maths wrong.
Probably often it's very possible to make teams that score much better than the maximum allowed cost and have have better score (that's the power of hindsight :smile:)

But don't forget you're forced to stay within the rider categories
(i.e. you need 3 "helpers" and the 3 best helpers are not scoring as high as some of the sprinters, allrounders or climbers)

Curious by your message, had a quick look (so don't shoot me if I have 1 wrong) and I believe this was the best combo

All-rounder:
Nibali 2471p (16)
Peraud 1386p (6)

Climber:
Pinot 1264p (8)
Bardet 1061p (10)

Sprinter;
Sagan 1561p (18)

Unclassified:
Coquard 783p (6)
Renshaw 624p (6)
Navardauskas 550p (6)

Joker:
Valverde 1075p (16)

Delivering 10775 points for only a cost of 92

Only making 1 team, I would have never had the nerve to make a team without either Froome or Contador (in my case the choice was easily to go for Bertie)
Renshaw is for me the biggest surprise to see in the above list (but Cav dropping out in stage 1 of course has greatly impacted that)

AndyRM

XOXO
Must admit I prefer the fantasy.road.cc version where you can replace riders

I'm the opposite (mostly because I forget about transfers). The Velogames version replicates the ruthless nature of the competition.

Maybe a compromise with subs allowed on the rest days would be good. I don't think I've ever survived even the first week unscathed.

Top Bottom