Fantasy Vuelta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
He's said he'll aim for some stage wins rather than overall, I guess we'll see how his leg/form is. I'm assuming he's unlikely to beat Quintana/Froome considering Quintana has been preparing solely for it and I would think Froome found it a lot easier to prepare and keep some form with the injuries he had compared to the injuries Contador had!

OP
OP
themosquitoking
I think after he failed to stay upright in France everyone is feeling a little nervous, i guess we shouldn't expect as much rain this race though.

The Couch

Über Member
Hey... what's up, after 2 stages I'm not yet at the top of the standing?!? You guys are really making an effort this time :tongue:

All kidding aside...
there was a comment here earlier that not a lot of people picked Froome, personally I felt that the "climber" category didn' have very interesting cheap guys in it, so then it was logical to go for cheap in the all-rounder (Froome's) category. I guess many of us had that same feeling
(although there is indeed the question on how close will he be to his best form)

Although normally I take more than 1 sprinter, this time I went as much as possible for GC/Ardennes-type riders. Hoping some super-cheap riders go beyond their expectations. (I though about the motto "never change a winning team/strategy", but decided to apply "to stand still is to go backwards":smile:)

Inspired choice (considering the TTT-result) by @RWright picking 4 (!) Movistar-guys and all the people who have Valverde have a good chance that he can wear/keep the leader jersey a long time till - at least - stage 9.

Still lot's of racing to go.... only 3 semi-favourites (Ten Dam, Pinot and Betancur) looking like they don't have any GC-hopes, but even Contador still looking like he could have a go at the GC

Have only just joined the CCer league despite having played since the start. It makes a difference to the other Fantasy game that was around where you chopped and changed around.

The Couch

Über Member
I am assuming most teams had Quintana...

Got to say, it looks like my incredible streak (finally) will be stopped, but I am still pretty happy/proud that it's because you guys made some great combinations and that my team is still scoring pretty ok. (although without even Uran or Aru as most likely top 5-riders, the most likely way for me is probably down :smile:)

Top Bottom