feel bad but it had to be done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

I will add the pics to this post of what I have written on freewheel north's facebook regarding an incident on the 23rd of June.
I feel bad as they are a cycling based charity trying to do a good thing although I feel this should be shared
Screenshot_2015-06-30-10-17-22.png
Screenshot_2015-06-30-10-17-34.png

Screenshot_2015-06-30-10-17-40.png

Drago

Legendary Member
Holy Cameron! That looks unpleasant to say the least.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
You shouldn't feel bad- reading the text there were multiple failings on their behalf- a pot hole for goodness sake? how was that missed on daily inspection prior to use?
A first aider should definitely have been on site, or even access to a half decent first aid kit.
Hope her hand gets better soon, I know from experience the palm is not the fastest area to heal.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

You shouldn't feel bad- reading the text there were multiple failings on their behalf- a pot hole for goodness sake? how was that missed on daily inspection prior to use?
A first aider should definitely have been on site, or even access to a half decent first aid kit.
Hope her hand gets better soon, I know from experience the palm is not the fastest area to heal.

Been to the hospital today and looking like skin graft and physio is on the cards. It's a shame her full summer has been ruined can't do much with her now because the chance of infection. I'm awaiting their response and will be going along as soon as I get the chance to discus what has happened and hopefully they get the things sorted so no other kid is harmed.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

My only question is why you felt you needed to post this onto Facebook rather than emailing them or phoning them?

I posted it to their Facebook page for a few different reasons.
1 more people would see it therfore know how dangerous the go-karts can be unless covered
2 as I drove past the other day there was still go-karts in use with no safety precautions never had time to stop was busy.
3 hopefully so the charity do something about it more quickly and untill they do people are aware not to let their kids on them or the track untill fixed.

If you look closely it wasn't done with any intentions of harming the charity I even said I think their work is excellent and didn't want this to stop people using them.

My partner has also spoke with them on the phone and I will be going to see them personally.
Most of all after seeing the state of my daughters hand and also the implications this is going to have I don't want it to happen to others so feel parents should be informed

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

And are faults going to be remedied more quickly by posting on a Facebook page (which may not be regularly monitored by the organisation concerned) what appears to be a week after the event or by actually speaking to someone?

We have spoken to someone and to be honest it's been a busy week because of the incident that happened.

An awful experience, it does seem that there has been numerous health and safety issues that need addressing,
if its happened once it can happen again, you say the karts are still being used with no precautions in place, charity or not they still have a duty of care towards users, a call to the health and safety executive would also be on my agenda.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

But the post is no longer on there so more people aren't going to see it or be informed. It seems to have been something of a futile exercise.

The fact that I have posted has already got attention to other parents on my page and also my partners. The post hasn't been accepted yet to go on the page that I'm aware of but if they do have any decency they will put this post on with a reply as to how they are going to address the problem. Hopefully with a time scale to say when it will be fixed.
If they choose not to accept they have been at fault then I may choose to peruse the matter in a different way but to be honest I feel the way I have approached it already has been more than fair

Levo-Lon

Guru
That pic made me wince...nasty, and im not one for getting upset by injuries... poor little girl must be in agony..shocking injury

Post that where you like bud id hate to see that happen to a child or anyone for that matter

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

That pic made me wince...nasty, and im not one for getting upset by injuries... poor little girl must be in agony..shocking injury

Post that where you like bud id hate to see that happen to a child or anyone for that matter

It sure is a nasty one and wouldn't wish it on any little one.

Top Bottom