FFWD F6R vs Campag Bullet vs Mavic Carbon Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Have narrowed down my choices to the above wheels. Has anyone any experience with any of them, that wouldn't mind sharing their findings?

Am kind of seeing them in the above order at present, after starting out with the Bullet's in mind.

Immediate response would be Bullets, then FFWD then Mavics.

Citius

How about something lighter and cheaper? Or explaining what your intended use is? Better get your answer in quick before jowwy comes along and tells you to just buy wheels that make you happy.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
The wheels are all 50-60mm aero wheels. I am aiming to gain and keep speed up on flat runs strangely enough.

Sadly aero, cheap and lighter don't add up to a real product as yet.

huwsparky

Über Member
I think you've answered your own question. Buy the ones you prefer the look of in that case. Think PX also make them with no stickers on if that helps.

Citius

But you've already said that appearance is important, so just buy the set (out of the three you've already posted) which you think looks the nicest.

There are cheap, light, aero wheels out there. The only variables are 'how cheap', 'how light' and 'how aero'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
But you've already said that appearance is important, so just buy the set (out of the three you've already posted) which you think looks the nicest.

There are cheap, light, aero wheels out there. The only variables are 'how cheap', 'how light' and 'how aero'.
Looks are part of it for me, yes, but an answer from someone with experience would give me more to go on than looks alone.

Give an example of a smart looking cheap, light, aero wheel?

Top Bottom