Film : Dead man's shoes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Just about to watch this film again for some Sunday night viewing.

I can't rate it highly enough, Paddy Considine is mesmerising in the lead role.

One of the best films ever made imho.

If you've never seen it, it's well worth buying/ renting.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not seen that in a few years. It is a strangely compelling film.

Excellent film,but strangely I have not been interested in any other things Mr Considine has been in .
Maybe because anything else is hard to beat Dead Mans Shoes .

AndyRM

XOXO
Excellent film,but strangely I have not been interested in any other things Mr Considine has been in .
Maybe because anything else is hard to beat Dead Mans Shoes .

You are missing out - he's been in some cracking films. Though I agree that Dead Man's Shoes is probably his best*. I think it's unique in that even knowing the twist, it's still just as brilliant, unlike most films that rely on the "Oh, holy sh!t" moment to keep you watching.

Well worth watching his directorial debut as well, Tyrannosaur, though be warned - it is absolutely brutal. He's got another coming out next year, Journeyman, about a boxer who gets a head injury which I'm looking forward to.

His band is cracking too - seen them a couple of times, once at The Cluny up here and he hung out in the bar after - he's a thoroughly decent human being, not least because he subbed me 50p when I was short on a pint!

*Though I could be persuaded that it's actually A Room for Romeo Brass.

You are missing out - he's been in some cracking films. Though I agree that Dead Man's Shoes is probably his best*. I think it's unique in that even knowing the twist, it's still just as brilliant, unlike most films that rely on the "Oh, holy sh!t" moment to keep you watching.

Well worth watching his directorial debut as well, Tyrannosaur, though be warned - it is absolutely brutal. He's got another coming out next year, Journeyman, about a boxer who gets a head injury which I'm looking forward to.

His band is cracking too - seen them a couple of times, once at The Cluny up here and he hung out in the bar after - he's a thoroughly decent human being, not least because he subbed me 50p when I was short on a pint!

*Though I could be persuaded that it's actually A Room for Romeo Brass.

I will definitely give them more than a quick glance as I have done previously Andy.
You have me wondering about Tyrannosaur now .^_^

AndyRM

XOXO
I will definitely give them more than a quick glance as I have done previously Andy.
You have me wondering about Tyrannosaur now .^_^

It's a really, really cracking film, but unrelentingly bleak and hard to watch. The three leads - Olivia Colman, Eddie Marsden and Peter Mullan - are all brilliant, Colman in particular.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Tyrannosaur is an excellent film too, watched it a long while back so could be tonight's viewing!.

I'll have to watch A Room For Romeo Brass as well.

Never knew Paddy had a band!.

I'm a fan of "This is England" film series as well.

Just goes to show you don't have to throw an obscene amount of money at a film to make a great one.

AndyRM

XOXO
Tyrannosaur is an excellent film too, watched it a long while back so could be tonight's viewing!.

I'll have to watch A Room For Romeo Brass as well.

Never knew Paddy had a band!.

I'm a fan of "This is England" film series as well.

Just goes to show you don't have to throw an obscene amount of money at a film to make a great one.

I don't think that Shane Meadows has ever had much of a budget for anything, and I've yet to see him make a bad film; the guy is seriously talented!

It's a really, really cracking film, but unrelentingly bleak and hard to watch. The three leads - Olivia Colman, Eddie Marsden and Peter Mullan - are all brilliant, Colman in particular.

Well Olivia Colman and Peter Mullen speaks volumes for the quality of the film then .

Top Bottom