Films that Bombed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
...according to the Guardian, these films lost a (inflation adjusted) hundred million dollars or more

I confess there are some here that I've not even heard of - but I've seen three, namely Cutthroat Island and Sahara, which are pleasant enough if you've had a drink or two, and Heaven's Gate, which is a masterpiece. How many have you seen, and are there any that you'd recommend?

Cutthroat Island
The Alamo (2004)
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Sahara
Mars Needs Moms
The 13th Warrior
Town & Country
Speed Racer
Heaven’s Gate
Stealth
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/gall...flops-in-pictures#/?picture=387589978&index=0

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The only one of those I have seen is Cutthroat Island (first 10 mins) - how on earth did that film cost more than $100million?

Is this "creative loss-making accountancy" at work?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ah it's an inflation adjusted list. Interesting how the list changes over time.

Only seen cuthroat island, as a few on that list are recent.

I went to see Cuthroat Island at the cinema and really enjoyed it. It was on the TV recently. No idea why it bombed though.

For recent failures, I think John Carter will be top of the list. I saw it 3 days after it opened, and I think there were maybe 15 people in total watching it. Again, I enjoyed it, so what do I know?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Thought Waterworld would have been on that list, that bombed. I love that film though!

ohnovino

Large Member
"Motherhood" starring Uma Thurman bombed quite spectacularly, but the budget was only $10m so it doesn't make the list. According to Wikipedia: "The box office gross was £9 on its opening night and £88 on its opening weekend; only eleven viewers purchased a ticket, with only one person attending its first showing."

Top Bottom