FIRE! (pits)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Um, why sit outside when it's cold and then burn stuff to try and keep warm... just stay indoors.

Sorry, it's a pet hate... I'm clearly missing any benefit you all see in them, but it is just a waste of time, effort, money and energy... burning the money you're wasting would create less CO2... just a thought.

There's always one...:dry::cycle::rofl:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it's not about warmth @Archie_tect ...it's about pyromania. :okay:

RedRider

Pulling through
The cheapest option is an old washing machine inner drum.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShPY8zEj05refs7QGUJNiFz19z5bAFnL45rJ01UrXebLaxxeBWeQ.jpg
It took me years for ours to pack up sufficiently for it to be uneconomical to repair.
There are plenty of videos on T'internet but the best idea for a stand is to remove the pulley invert it and screw it back on.
This one isn't mine but I do not have a digital camera so its just a photo from the net.
We put one of these in our old communal garden. Very pretty when lit and perfect for cooking paella over.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sorry to try to rain on your fire pit LF [or worse!]... it all started with pubs having 'sit-outeries' with great gas-fired heaters blasting away outside... and people wanting to live outside in the UK... pretending it's summer or Australia. Just me then!

Archie_tect

Mind you I have to confess here and now that I don't understand barbecues either.... that's what A*-rated kitchen hobs and ovens are for..... BURN 'IM!!

Archie_tect

A bbq turned my innards to liquid for 2 days.... I can't eat burnt to a crisp but raw inside stuff! I may have had a weak stomach, but I was chucking it as far as I could.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I can't eat burnt to a crisp but raw inside stuff!
Bad chef always blames their BBQ:laugh:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Mind you I have to confess here and now that I don't understand barbecues either.... that's what A*-rated kitchen hobs and ovens are for..... BURN 'IM!!
With you totally on barbeque's, I really don't get them. Quite like a fire pit tho, but I do leave a perfectly good house to live under a glorified sheet in a field for enjoyment too :biggrin:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sorry to try to rain on your fire pit LF [or worse!]... it all started with pubs having 'sit-outeries' with great gas-fired heaters blasting away outside... and people wanting to live outside in the UK... pretending it's summer or Australia. Just me then!
There is a big difference between heating the air with a gas fired patio heater, and burning a couple of logs that were grown in the garden.
And logs are co2 neutral.

The cheapest option is an old washing machine inner drum.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShPY8zEj05refs7QGUJNiFz19z5bAFnL45rJ01UrXebLaxxeBWeQ.jpg
It took me years for ours to pack up sufficiently for it to be uneconomical to repair.
There are plenty of videos on T'internet but the best idea for a stand is to remove the pulley invert it and screw it back on.
This one isn't mine but I do not have a digital camera so its just a photo from the net.

I have a chiminea in the garden, just got rid of the paper bills in it, excellent for that but that drum looks great. I have one in the garden as a planter which will now be converted.

Top Bottom