first 100 mile journey fully loaded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
I did my first 100mile journey on sunday- Blackpool to Southport then on to Maghul and back same route (wss hoping to hit liverpool but gave up at Maghul)

Learned a few things

Padded shorts dont work!!! I have done several 60 mile runs in the last few years without padded shorts but this time i wore some (present) and 40 miles in I ould feel some rubbing sorness that I never have felt before.

20+KG is too much stuff, I seriously need to cut down what I am carrying.

100 Miles is a long way on a bike and my plan of doing this daily in the summer needs some serious rethinking.

Aslo those fellow who ride those skinny wheeled bikes, Very polite with thier cherry hello's but ever so anoying when they race past you doing better then 18/20MPH while im struggling with a mear 12/13 mph... on my steed.

Sparkyman

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't do 100 mile days when touring but I swear by padded shorts.
I would say 20+kg is too much; what on earth have you got in the bags? Does that include a tent and cooking equipment?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
LOL that post made me laugh. I often take far too much clobber with me and regret it. Also familiar with doing 12mph on the flat and people racing past. Very long distance though, well done.

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
I loaded the Bike with Tent, Mat, waterproofs spare pumps and jeans and two tee shirts with 3 season sleeping bag, along with the usual tools some food and plenty of water.

I will be getting a new tent this year and light weight sleeping bag B4 i go, but still dont know how im going to get below 15 kg at best.

Maybe i should rough it in B&B 's insted lol.

Sparkyman

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well done sparkyman, In time you will learn to get your kit down to the bare minimum, it looks like you didn't take that much, but with a bit of thought you could get that down.

Top Bottom