First step to world domination: Which breadmaker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wow that's less than I paid all those years ago, I think I paid about £125 ish and that might have been with a discount. I could be wrong but definitely over £100! It's almost tempting to upgrade!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Ooo nice, has it got a spelt setting, I like spelt?

albion

Guru
[QUOTE 3517180, member: 259"]Every time someone buys a non-Panny breadmaker, a fairy dies.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine 5 years in an Argos silly sale on a whim. Has to be the best £3 a year I have ever spent. Wholemeal breads are a joy.
Nope, it does not seem to make fairy cakes.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3543809, member: 259"]If it's anything like the SD255 :rolleyes: ignore the instructions and use the normal paddle for spelt, and leave out the honey, it's not needed.[/QUOTE]

Are there different paddles? I just use the rapid bake for spelt, no honey.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
better late to the party than never ...:rolleyes:
Congratulations, Panasonic is an excellent choice :okay:, we have had a D-253 for the last 10 or so years, it bakes pretty much all the bread we eat, and makes dough for hot cross buns, panettone, chelsea buns, stollen, flatbreads & pitta bread, pizza, and much more :mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:... my bestest gadget ever!
The longer proofing programmes (5-6 hours) make the best bread, we set ours off in the evening and wake up to the smell of fresh bread :okay:.
The recipes that come with it are pretty boring though, have a look for books by Jennie Shapter (I've got this one)

Enjoy (and come on CC Ecosse rides with some homebaking soon :hungry::tongue:)

T

Top Bottom