Flight MS804

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Catch 22 unfortunately with the A320. As its the most flown plane it's statistically more likely to have a fault and also be involved in a terrorist event. I'm heavily involved in their manufacture so I hope it's solved quickly to put minds at ease. Must be earth shattering for the families though.

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 4289310, member: 45"]At least if it's a mechanical problem it won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

Like the DH Comet ?

Shaun

Levo-Lon

Guru
What i find hard to understand in our modern tech world is Why the black box data isn't constantly transfered during flights..so at the point of incident end the info is instantly available..
is there a reason why this cant be done? Black box searches can prove very difficult when the ocean is involved

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 4289310, member: 45"]At least if it's a mechanical problem it won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

Not to that plane it won't.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
What i find hard to understand in our modern tech world is Why the black box data isn't constantly transfered during flights..so at the point of incident end the info is instantly available..
is there a reason why this cant be done? Black box searches can prove very difficult when the ocean is involved
I was think down the same lines, but in an outside camera on the tail of the plane

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 4289411, member: 45"]Things have changed since a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

article-2369220-1AC956F6000005DC-10_634x320.jpg

Dreamliners have never caught fire, honestly........

Shaun

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
[QUOTE 4289416, member: 45"]There's an amazing amount of data being transmitted from aircraft real-time when they're in flight.[/QUOTE]

As indeed there was in this case, too.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4289416, member: 45"]There's an amazing amount of data being transmitted from aircraft real-time when they're in flight.[/QUOTE]

As indeed there was in this case, too.

indeed but they seem to need the BB to verify ? Fire on a plane ..how awfull ,im terified of flying and stuff like this is my worst nightmare...

classic33

Leg End Member
Designed so that they cannot transmit, and as a last line of finding out what may have gone wrong.

If they can transmit, then there's no reason why anyone with the right equipment couldn't listen in. Cost £1000 upwards. There's also the fact that there'd be little to stop a signal being sent the other way, wiping all data from both "Black Boxes".

Levo-Lon

Guru
Designed so that they cannot transmit, and as a last line of finding out what may have gone wrong.

If they can transmit, then there's no reason why anyone with the right equipment couldn't listen in. Cost £1000 upwards. There's also the fact that there'd be little to stop a signal being sent the other way, wiping all data from both "Black Boxes".

dont we have encrypted transmissions? To stop that then

Can't see why 2-way communication is needed which would allow the data wiping - a radio station not a telephone. Transmit only encrypted data?
I've worked on installations of ship VDR (Voyage data Recorders) are similar to the BB in that the data can only be recovered from the device itself.

classic33

Leg End Member
Can't see why 2-way communication is needed which would allow the data wiping - a radio station not a telephone. Transmit only encrypted data?
I've worked on installations of ship VDR (Voyage data Recorders) are similar to the BB in that the data can only be recovered from the device itself.
It's why they don't allow one-way transmission and the recorders are kept seperate, other than recording.

Top Bottom