FNRttK 2014 - Saturday May 3rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Last year I took the 4pm ferry over and the 4pm ferry back.
On the way over I had about an hour to wait for the train at De Panne.
On the way back we had about an hour to wait for the ferry.
It worked well. The email from DFDS shows I made the booking three days before the sailing. Plenty of time yet.
I'll say it now and several more times: the food on those DFDS ferries is horrid. Bring a sarnie.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
if there's an elevation graph of the route that will help me make my mind up.@swarm_catcher!!)

here's a 4 step guide to get one:

1) Take a sheet of paper
2) take a pencil
3) draw a straight line
4) look at your elevation graph

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cry::cry::cry:

The guardian of all things spiritual in my household has just realized that Sunday 4th is our eldest's first communion.

I am trying to work out how far I can get along the ride and still be back to transport family including assorted in-laws to church by 10.00am.

Worst case scenario I lead the merry band out of town and wave goodnight on the edge of Brussels, best case scenario/extreme wishful thinking reach Bruges around 7 and still home before 9:thumbsup:

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
:cursing::cursing::cursing::cry::cry::cry:

The guardian of all things spiritual in my household has just realized that Sunday 4th is our eldest's first communion.

I am trying to work out how far I can get along the ride and still be back to transport family including assorted in-laws to church by 10.00am.

Worst case scenario I lead the merry band out of town and wave goodnight on the edge of Brussels, best case scenario/extreme wishful thinking reach Bruges around 7 and still home before 9:thumbsup:
You can do it! See when the trains from Bruges are and we can work to that.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Religion is the opium of the people.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Whilst watching appropriate TV ('Salamander'), been looking at possible cycling routes into Brussels. From Aalst, N9 all the way looks (a) straightforward and (b) safe enough. From the N9, just a case of keep going the same way I think?

Also, found this handy guide to Belgian cycling law https://www.kuleuven.be/transportation/pdf/guideforcycling.pdf
it's not straightforward. Cycling out of Brussels at midnight was unbelievably complex, and, without David and Els we would have been stuffed.

Top Bottom