Fold away rear mudguard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This just shows you what you will do when your boss gives you a weeks holiday just after you have come back off holiday. I was bored and Jannie wanted a rear mudguard for her Winter roadbike in the loft.

I modelled it on her touring roadbike which has fenders fitted, but that didnt matter. I made the prototype and fitted it to the bike with fenders just to see if it will stay in place for the week while she commutes. It was a total success and I am pretty sure it will do the job.

In true Blue Peter fashion. A piece of card and a laminating machine. The laminating machine stands in for all those bits you didnt have in the house when you wanted to build the Space rocket.

Simple job, folds flat when you dont want a fender and stores under the seat. No more wet butts and backs. And it sits very firmly.

imagejpg11_zpsc2b36349.jpg

imagejpg13_zps7c95534f.jpg

imagejpg12_zpsd84daec5.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsb210df22.jpg

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You've reinvented the ass-saver

young Ed

Veteran
sorry , but being the idiot i am i'm vconfused! how does it attach, to the seat rails? could i have a pic or two?
very good job though, do we know if it works yet? would do for my new road bike ad especially club runs without compromising the sporty look or feel too much :biggrin: and without bursting the bank :smile:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Ed, look at the top picture.

You push the pointed end under the seat just past the nose and then pull back so the seat rails sit in those 2 slots. It is very firm and so simple.

€8 are you joking?????

I doubt if this cost me 20 cents.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Nice work, although I still feel a bike ridden in the wet, in places where other people might ride too, should have proper mudguards :smile:

T4tomo

Guru
Nice work, although I still feel a bike ridden in the wet, in places where other people might ride too, should have proper mudguards :smile:
unless they are full length with a flap, then they do nothing for he person behind. i did a wet ride with someone with atouring bike with full guards - just a much spray from his wheel as from my mudguardless bianchi with a hastily fashioned asssaver made from a water bottle.

my brompton on the other hand with mudguard flaps etc is a joy to ride behind in the wet.

Top Bottom