Ford are out to kill - or at least frighten you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Animal"

Grrrr.

Drago

Legendary Member
True! On the plus side, it's a peerless bike lugger. My good lady is disabled and if it weren't for that I wouldn't bother having a motor vehicle at all, but wheelchair and a boisterous Labrador dictate a bit of space is kept on hand.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3248719, member: 45"]It's like a Warrior, but far more Grrrrrrrr. Or less Grrrrrrr if you talk to a Warrior keeper.

Tip: we don't own them, we keep them. It makes them sound more unpredictable and wild. And Grrrrr.[/QUOTE]

It's the worst named vehicle in history. The only Animal it reminds men of us a gerbil, and it sounds like a Massey Fergusson with a broken silencer. Scary it is not.

Scary it is not.

It scores 2 for pedestrian safety. That's pretty scary.

"All areas tested - bumper, front edge of the bonnet and the bonnet surface - were rated either as entirely poor or almost entirely so."

Drago

Legendary Member
My model pre dates NCAP so is.probably worse. Front end like a mobile cliff face. I removed the bull bar because I don't like them and either did my insurers.

Still and all, I'm a slow, careful driver (you.can't be anything other than slow in a 2 tonne truck with only 113bhp) and I don't plan on ever running anyone over. I'm Mr Anally Sensible behind the wheel.

If you want a real pedestrian safety scare then go have a nosey at the lorries that deliver your food,.clothes, furniture, bicycles...

Reactions: _aD
It doesn't matter how careful you are as a driver, if a child makes a mistake and you are unable to avoid them you have chosen to drive a vehicle twice as likely to kill them with your "Animal". That's the selfishness encouraged by the motoring lobby, "I'm alright, sod everyone else".

Dan B

Disengaged member
Park a Fucus next to my L200 (an Animal) on 33's with a 4" lift, and it suddenly doesn't look remotely "determined and aggressive." Car manufacturers talk utter s***e and I wouldn't give it much credence.

Could someone translate, pls?

Something to do with Long Playing records, I think.

(For the young uns, an LP was an early form of media for distributing music on, before the MP3 was invented)

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not selfishness. It's being a 260lb 6'4"'amateur power lifter with a 56"'chest who can't close the door while seated behind the wheel of a Focus, and who can close the door on a Mondeo but then can't move my right arm properly. If i didn't drive that or something with similar front cabin dimensions then I probably wouldn't be able to drive at all.

I also have a disabled Wife who finds access and egress much more achievable because she's not having to lower herself down into a car.

And I am a careful, thoughtful driver. .and what..more dangerous to a pedestrian? Me sticking assiduously to the speed limit with my elevated driving position and much superiors view, or all the normal tinbox driver who hoon like loons. Being hit by me at 25 is liable to be.less deadly than being hit by a Golf at twice the speed.

As aforementioned, if it weren't for.having a wheelchair bound wife with multiple sclerosis who needs regular hospital treatment, I wouldn't have a motor vehicle at all. How is catering for the needs.if the disabled selfish?

I'll tell you what's selfish. People with no knowledge of other people of their circumstances who draw summary judgement on them. Well, excuse me for wanting to own a vehicle big enough for me to be in control of properly to.enable me to meet the welfare needs of a disabled lady.

Drago

Legendary Member
To be honest, Animal is.a.stupid name. Labrador or Tabby cat would suit me just as well. It was purchased for its abilities and attributes, as a tool with a purpose, not to impress the neighbours, or.act as a Willy substitute to overawe other drivers.

The Mitsubishi Hamster. Has a certain ring.

In its.defence the Animal editions area tie in the the sportsaccessory and clothing manufacturer, whereas the Warrior and Barbarian were named in a misguided attempt to make them seem meaty and manly.

Top Bottom