formula one fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

If you were interviewing a person that seemed competant enough, but admitted that his only hobby/interest was 'formula one', would you still employ him?

If in a social scenario you were chatting to a stranger, and you were getting along with them, and then they started chatting about formula one... and referring to the drivers by their christian names, how would you react?

If space aliens came down and said the world was overpopulated and asked you to nominate an arbitrary group of people for extermination, how close would the 'tifosi', that italian lot who follow 'ferrari' around the world, be to the top of your list?

Mr Pig

Abitrary said:
If space aliens asked you to nominate people for extermination, how close would the 'tifosi' be to the top of your list?

Very! Now that you mention it.

Melvil

A fanboy is a fanboy regardless of what they are fans of. Anyone who gets monomanical about anything is best avoided for a long conversation in a pub, I reckon!

I know what you mean. F1 is interesting to watch but after that...I mean...yes, the winning driver had a faster car, took the racing line slightly better and maybe used their pitstops at better times than other cars. Not much to wax lyrical about there...

That American style of racing round and round an oval track at high speed has got to be the world's most boring style of motor racing....like full-size Scalextric, but without the fun !

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Alan Frame said:
That American style of racing round and round an oval track at high speed has got to be the world's most boring style of motor racing....like full-size Scalextric, but without the fun !
couldn't agree less. NASCAR is full of incident, the cars have brilliant paint jobs and the commentary is sublime.

buggi

Bird Saviour
yea, when he starts referring to F1 drivers by their Christian Names, starting talking Lance, Jan and Levi etc etc.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Melvil said:
A fanboy is a fanboy regardless of what they are fans of.

Ok, I'll revise this. I would not employ *anyone* who I suspected of being interested in formula one, obsessed or not.

There's too much of a chance they're going to be a psycho or just plain odd. They'll be normal at first... and then start bringing the gun magazines into work... and pissing the women off with screensavers of naked girls with panthers. Serious, too much of a risk.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfNL6jmYvsE

I watched this on Channel 5 last night - fantastic stuff. 'And rubbin, son, is racin'.

I was a little disappointed when my hero Greg Biffle went out in the early stages. However, watching the 39 car (sponsored by the U.S. Army, no less) push his rival out of the way, and the following smokin slide more than made up for it

http://www.gregbiffle.com/ - the Man. With a slightly 'jaunty' stance.

Top Bottom