Forty Years Since....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I was having a chat with a bloke in a Local about 4 weeks ago , he has been involved in F1 event handling etc for many years, he spoke highly of JH , and is a friend of Hunt jnr , he told me JH was a Breeder of Budgies , and a little A. 35 van he would transport the Budgies around in ,

he spoke highly of JH , and is a friend of Hunt jnr , he told me JH was a Breeder of Budgies , and a little A. 35 van he would transport the Budgies around in ,

I knew of the A35, but Budgies?
Geoff Capes (the weight-lifter) was also a budgie-guy too, wasn't he?

Whilst on Hunt, I watched the 'Rush' film a while ago
Hemsworth made a very believable Hunt, but Daniel Bruhl stole it as Lauda
My daughter (15) has seen the crash scene, & grimaced, but somewhat protectively (parental embarrassment?) I won't let her watch it all, due to the Nurse scene at the beginning, & all the 'effing & jeffing'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(2013_film)

ozboz

Guru
I knew of the A35, but Budgies?
Geoff Capes (the weight-lifter) was also a budgie-guy too, wasn't he?

Whilst on Hunt, I watched the 'Rush' film a while ago
Hemsworth made a very believable Hunt, but Daniel Bruhl stole it as Lauda
My daughter (15) has seen the crash scene, & grimaced, but somewhat protectively (parental embarrassment?) I won't let her watch it all, due to the Nurse scene at the beginning, & all the 'effing & jeffing'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(2013_film)

I was more surprised he'd owned an A35 !!!

tyred

Legendary Member
I've read a biography of Hunt and he was a man of many talents I believe. He also had a great love of music and apparently could play the trumpet to a very high standard and even re-worked classical pieces so he could play them on the trumpet.

He loved his A35 as he could drive it flat out everywhere without getting speeding tickets.

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg

Here is that A35 ,

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Same running gear as the Austin-Healy 'Sprite'.

Top Bottom