England : Lancashire Forum ride - 'Bowland Revisited' - POSTPONED until SEPT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Did anyone see more than a sprinkling of rain today ?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did anyone see more than a sprinkling of rain today ?
I have just reported on that in the 'what spares to carry' thread.

Basically, it was absolutely awful here - as forecast!

Weird that you missed it, so we must have been right on the edge of the storms here.

I'm just going to write up my ride in 'Your Ride Today' - here it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Not sure about the 22nd. Wife is away, so I may be on kids duty.

Sensible decision though Colin - hope you enjoyed doing the ride today in the sunshine.

Just checked the dates and I will still be abroad so won't be joining you on 22nd either :sad:
Relax guys - June isn't looking good for me either now. I will move the date to July, so let's pick a Sunday, but not the first one - that is Tour de France weekend!

PS I didn't like roads from Grindleton to Clitheroe so I am going to change the route to go from Grindleton to Waddington and come back on our usual quieter roads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm available any sunday in july bar the 13th :whistle:
Ah ah - excellent - the cat is back! :thumbsup:

Ok, then ... votes for the 20th and/or 27th July? (Only vote if you intend to come on the date you vote for, should that be chosen. If you can do either date, please say so!)

Riders vs Dates list:
  • ColinJ, 20th or 27th
  • Potsy, 20th or 27th

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

6th or 20th for me
The 6th is 100% not a possibility - REASON! :thumbsup:

So, a preference for the 20th is developing ...

Riders vs Dates list:
  • ColinJ, 20th or 27th
  • Potsy, 20th or 27th
  • Steve H, 20th

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My forum ride planning is getting erratic! I am not going to mess about with this one again, so it will take place on either 20th or 27th JULY, subject to acceptable weather, but I now have Sunday, 22nd June free again, so I am going to do a different ride on that date - Hebden Bridge to Waddington! I will start another thread for that. :wacko:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just to let you know what is going on ...

I had a heavy cold which kept me off the bike for 17 days. It has left me with some breathing problems. Apparently, this is quite common for people like me, recovering from serious lung problems.

I have done 2 bike rides since the cold, but had to shorten both of them to 13 miles because I wasn't feeling good.

So ... It looks like I will have to spend some time building back up to longer rides. Assuming that happens fairly quickly, I will try to do this Bowland ride in about a month or so. I will post again below when I think I am up for it!

Top Bottom