England : West Yorkshire Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sat 3rd Oct [**DATE CHANGE**]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
A Saturday forum ride would be good. Last one I did was on a Saturday. I usually do CTC rides on Sundays. But maybe I'm being a selfish git.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A Saturday forum ride would be good. Last one I did was on a Saturday. I usually do CTC rides on Sundays. But maybe I'm being a selfish git.:rolleyes:
Most of my rides are on Saturdays. I have not been getting huge numbers turning out and some people said that they could not make Saturdays so I thought I'd try a Sunday instead.

Result ...? Very few people coming along and the suggestion that I organise on Saturdays! :wacko::laugh:

Sorry Colin but it's happened again. Mother in law is being released from hospital early next Monday morning so we will have to be dashing up to Carlisle again on Sunday afternoon (hopefully last time for a wee while).
Get this out of the way I'll be able to join you again. If you do any rides through the winter months could you arrange some of those crisp sunny days with good opportunities for taking the odd snap?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sounds good - October's a busy month for me but if I can get the diary to work, I'd love to join you again.

I would liked to join you, but I already have my name down to do another ride that day.

Potentially up for this depending on whether I can get used to my new pedals/shoes and get a few niggles sorted in time. I'll be coming over from Huddersfield.

Sorry Colin but it's happened again. Mother in law is being released from hospital early next Monday morning so we will have to be dashing up to Carlisle again on Sunday afternoon (hopefully last time for a wee while).

Get this out of the way I'll be able to join you again. If you do any rides through the winter months could you arrange some of those crisp sunny days with good opportunities for taking the odd snap?
Bearing in mind all of that ... I'm consider moving the ride forward a day to the Saturday! Is there anybody who was going to come on the Sunday 4th who couldn't come on Saturday 3rd instead? I need feedback pretty quickly so I can finalise the date.

@Littgull has said that he is coming and could make the Saturday.

PS I have now amended the first loop to take out the 20% descent/climb at Ripponden and have added an easy detour to make up the distance. It is a bit pointless to add extra steep climbs when there are so many others to be tackled!

I have also amended the second loop to go straight up Birchcliffe Rd rather than getting a breather going via Sandy Gate.

I will not bother redoing the maps and profiles (which will still be 95+% accurate) but I have updated the GPX files.

The total distance is almost exactly 100 km.

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
I can't do Saturday as both boys have things planned including booking Dads Taxi :ohmy:

It's also looking doubtful for me next weekend unless I can rearrange something with Mrs Buck :sad:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I can't do Saturday as both boys have things planned including booking Dads Taxi :ohmy:

It's also looking doubtful for me next weekend unless I can rearrange something with Mrs Buck :sad:
If you CAN make the Sunday then it would only be fair to stick to the original date, but if you CAN'T then I could go ahead with the change if it suited the others ...

See what Mrs B has to say on the subject and let me know!

Buck

Guru
Will do!

Negotiations are underway: ;)

And I was chasing a couple of others and failing to catch them! Anyway, you have been doing some decent climbing recently, I think it will be me chasing your wheel up hills now.

Buck

Guru
Not much point in sticking to Sunday if Buck can't do it, but unfair to cut him out to cut others in if he can so I think it is all down to Mrs B now!

I'll definitely make my November ride a Saturday.

Mrs B has given me my instructions for the weekend and whilst I'll be able to get a small ride in (if I play my cards right), I won't be able to join you guys :sad:. Hope you have a great ride and as they say...hopefully next time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Mrs B has given me my instructions for the weekend and whilst I'll be able to get a small ride in (if I play my cards right), I won't be able to join you guys :sad:. Hope you have a great ride and as they say...hopefully next time.
That's a shame - watch out for the November ride instead!

Moving swiftly on ...

Now we know that Buck can't make it, it looks like a change to Saturday 3rd is possible. Littgull, @Martin Archer and I can do Saturday. @bigjim, @rusty bearing and @SomethingLikeThat - are you able to join us on Saturday?

Drat - I forgot to tell my local non-CycleChat pals about the ride. I'll text them and see if they fancy it.

Top Bottom