England : West Yorkshire Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sat 3rd Oct [**DATE CHANGE**]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
RIDE DATE CHANGED TO SATURDAY 3RD OCT, 2015!

Cutting it a bit fine on my part I'm afraid. Don't want to make any promises and then not deliver. My bike is still in the shop :sad: Should be good for November however!
Well, you don't have to promise to come along. Just keep an eye on this thread and if you decide to ride make sure you arrive by 09:45 to be ready for a 10:00 start. Which reminds me, I didn't say where to meet! I'll update the first post with the details ... [done]

My sister just told me that the long distance forecast is for an early and very cold winter, so maybe that November ride might be under threat! :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Keep an eye on Martin @ColinJ . He came on my last Peak District ride and I spent all day chasing after him up the hills....and never catching him

And I was chasing a couple of others and failing to catch them! Anyway, you have been doing some decent climbing recently, I think it will be me chasing your wheel up hills now.
I am able to get up most hills these days but still not particularly quickly - humiliating proof! :blush::laugh:

bigjim

Legendary Member
Those hills are putting me off to be honest. I'm big and heavy, though fit enough, but I don't enjoy hills. I treat them as something to get over and done with. Can't avoid it living where I do, but Pantini I'm not.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Those hills are putting me off to be honest. I'm big and heavy, though fit enough, but I don't enjoy hills. I treat them as something to get over and done with. Can't avoid it living where I do, but Pantini I'm not.
Ha ha - so it was FLAT forum rides on Saturdays then, not ColinJ's hilly rides on Saturdays! :okay:

If I can I will but If i'm not there on time carry on.......sorry to be so vague but it's like that at the mo'
Will do. Even if nobody else comes along, Littgull and I will enjoy doing a tour of our local hills!

The forecast is that it will be dry, but cooler than of late, and overcast. That's a pity because it has been really nice riding here the past few days and should be on the run up to the weekend too.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Ha ha - so it was FLAT forum rides on Saturdays then, not ColinJ's hilly rides on Saturdays!
No not at all. I never manage to do a flat ride, but the emphasis on this one is too much on the climbs for me. I don't want you snake-hipped lot waiting for me.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

No not at all. I never manage to do a flat ride, but the emphasis on this one is too much on the climbs for me. I don't want you snake-hipped lot waiting for me.
I'm not quick, but if you don't enjoy hills then you wouldn't like most of my routes.

The Glasson Dock ride I do in the spring is much less hilly than most of mine. I intend to repeat this year's 200 km Cheshire ride next year - that was much flatter, but obviously longer too.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

So, for the SATURDAY ride we have/might have ...
Would those of you who plan to ride please confirm that you have noticed the change of date! :whistle:

I have seen that Andrew needs some company on his night ride on Friday. I will see if I can make it to Hebden bridge for this ride as well but don't wait for me.

So, for the SATURDAY ride we have/might have ...
Would those of you who plan to ride please confirm that you have noticed the change of date! :whistle:
Hi Colin,

Just to confirm - I'm fine for the ride on Saturday.

I may be on my heavier (but much lower geared) tourer as my road bike has developed a strange repetitive click when I turn the pedals. Probably only something minor but with work I won't have time to get that bike fixed. Mind you, the chainrings are still behaving following your adjustments.

Weather forecast is still looking good.

Svendo

Guru
I can't do Saturday, going into Manchester early for pre gig shenanigans. For the second time this week I've passed you whilst riding to or from work, today on my way up blackstone edge. Both times I've noticed the red saeco cannondale out of the corner of my eye and it's been too late to call out!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I can't do Saturday, going into Manchester early for pre gig shenanigans.
Oh well, another time.

For the second time this week I've passed you whilst riding to or from work, today on my way up blackstone edge. Both times I've noticed the red saeco cannondale out of the corner of my eye and it's been too late to call out!

I thought that was you today but I was in hot pursuit of my pal Bill on the descent so I noticed you too late to call out too! I don't remember spotting you the other time.

Damn, I have just realised that I have not put the bins out! It is 3 am and I am in bed so I am not going to do it now. I will have to get up in a few hours time to get it done before the collection ...

Top Bottom