England : West Yorkshire Forum ride in 2 parts from Hebden Bridge (64 km + 36 km), Sat 22nd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
I'm preparing to get a little damp but heck it'll be fun and a few rain spots and sunny spells will make it more interesting.

Buck

Guru
I said that we should get over there at about 10:55-11:00.

I might be a little after that, looking at the first climb out of Hebden Bridge! :ohmy::blush:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ready to go here. though i suspect I won't be bringing the fancy road bike, more likely the trusty tourer with the mudguards.
I will be riding my Basso which has mudguards, rather than my Cannondale which doesn't!

I'm preparing to get a little damp but heck it'll be fun and a few rain spots and sunny spells will make it more interesting.
The forecast is improving ever so slowly so we might get away with it ... soaked! (I'm saying that not to tempt fate - ha ha.)

I might be a little after that, looking at the first climb out of Hebden Bridge! :ohmy::blush:
It only takes 5-10 minutes to get down to Oxenhope station from the summit so if we leave promptly at 10:00 we would have about 50 minutes to get to the top of the climb. Not that a few minutes here or there makes any difference - we will take whatever time it takes!

I do tend to go downhill a bit quicker than many people but if I go on ahead on any descents I will wait at any turns for everybody to catch up.

Svendo

Guru
I've just cleaned and lubed the good bike, no guards, sod the rain! GPX loaded into the Garmin. Bottles filled and ready. I'll get to the car park for 10:00. Mobile is the same as it was.

Buck

Guru
I'm in the car park nice and early!

Damp but so much better than the original forecast and looking at it now, the forecast for the day has improved as well :becool:

Buck

Guru
Great ride today and no rain on the first leg despite the weather forecasts.

Thanks for the invite @ColinJ and great company from you and @rusty bearing, @Svendo, @kiwi-Sal plus Carrie and Kevin.

Thanks for helping me finish my first 40-miler too. I hope my legs don't regret it tomorrow :smile:

I drove home in lovely sunshine then the heavens opened not long after I got back :rain:.
I hope you guys that went on to clock up 100km didn't get caught up in it!

What a super super day!!! Am totally on a high .
Really good catching up with you Colin and chatting to everyone.
Thanks for waiting for me as I was flagging towards the end. Enjoyed the cafe stop in Hebden Bridge.

Hopefully 2nd loop all went ok?

2nd loop well worth it though I blew on 'Steep Lane'. Got serious cramp from not drinking enough. Colin to the rescue with 1/2 bottle of spare drink.
Cheers all for an excellent and social ride.
To crown a perfect day SWMBO presented me with steak, chips and a glass of vino for tea "thought you might be hungry". Priceless!
I am now going to put the feet up for a well earned rest.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks all - that was a great day out on the bikes!

We were so lucky with the weather. We have had bad thunderstorms here this evening but we didn't experience anything like that out on the road.

That's my August 100 km ride done (plus 16 km of extra riding).

Here are 3 pictures I took ...

Sal attacks!
Sal attacks.jpg

Group photo above Trawden (L-R: rusty bearing, Kevin, Svendo, Buck, Carrie, kiwi-Sal)
Group photo at Trawden.jpg

The smiles are because we didn't do that b*st*rd climb behind them!
Smiles because they are not doing climb behind them.jpg

I'll probably organise another ride around mid-September and then there will be the usual 'Season of Mists' hilly audax event on the first Sunday in October, which I hope we can form a CycleChat group for.

Top Bottom