Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thought I'd better not clog up the commuting thread.

Got right hooked on Longford Lane in North Reddish. I'd just turned onto the road so wasn't going quickly and I was filtering on the outside. Saw the car, but he suddenly went for a gap, except I was in front of him.

Too close to break so I smashed into the front, twisted and then hit the bonnet and floor. I knew something was wrong before I hit the floor.

The pain was incredible so just lay on my back groaning. The driver did stop but looked shocked.

Two ladies stopped and one was a nurse so she immobilised my neck.

Rapid response were there pronto. The police got the drivers details and let someone take my bike in.

Lots of scans and the CT showed multiple ribs fractured and my L4 cracked in two.

Very lucky I wasn't paralysed. That came as a shock.

I think commuting by bike is a no no now. Will have to get the fixed replaced with an MTB.

Ganymede

Veteran
Oh Fossy that's awful, very sorry indeed to hear it. Keep us updated. Very gentle virtual :hugs:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Oh no, ouch! really sorry to hear about you're injuries. Are you still in hospital? edit - of course you are - (doh). Sounds like you've been lucky (I guess). You're racking up quite a list of rips & breaks over the years Fossy.
Here's for a full & fast recovery :hugs:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bugger gws

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sh!t; that sounds extremely painful. Broken ribs are no fun. At least it sounds like you have been lucky in a way, if that's any consolation. Get well soon.

Top Bottom