Friday 11 September run out to watch Tour of Britain in Peak District

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Got worried when I saw the thread title: thought you had joined the dark side. :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I will definitely be out watching it but not sure where yet. Have to get my head around where the best place to watch it is. Long Hill out of Buxton and Sparrowpit will give a few hilly attacking opportunities.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I will definitely be out watching it but not sure where yet. Have to get my head around where the best place to watch it is. Long Hill out of Buxton and Sparrowpit will give a few hilly attacking opportunities.

If we're doing a meet up etc then I'm relaxed where. I just chose the climb out of Hathersage cos it's quite long and a bit further into the ride. Be nice to have a bit of a ride afterwards....so long as you take it easy on me

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If we're doing a meet up etc then I'm relaxed where. I just chose the climb out of Hathersage cos it's quite long and a bit further into the ride. Be nice to have a bit of a ride afterwards....so long as you take it easy on me
I think @400bhp and a few of the other locals are intending to ride out as well. Could be a good turn out for that.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Can't make it also, watching a proper cycle race from Spain that day^_^

KneesUp

Guru
I'm thinking of doing this, anyone else fancy it?

Here's the stage map

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/stage6/index.php#.Vbde0_1RHIU

If folk wanted we could make it a nice ride out to, say, Hathersage and then do some pleasant riding after the race has passed through. The climb out of the back of Hathersage looks like quite a good place to spectate

I'm off that a day so it the weather is amenable I will head out - as you say, the section between The Millstone and Fox House should be good for spectators. And there is a pub at either end. I will have to roll back to Sheffield in time for school pick-up though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That stage is a bit too far from here for me (Hathersage and back is 110+ very hilly miles), but you got me looking at the other stages and stage 2 on Monday 7th is a fantastic route in the much nearer Ribble Valley/Forest of Bowland. I think I will take a leaf out of your book and see if anybody fancies a ride over there from Hebden Bridge!

Enjoy this ride, and if anybody fancies taking part in my ride, post in the Stage 2 ride thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It looks like it's going to be dry on Friday according to the current forecast. I'm just back from hols so going to take it easy-ish and ride over to Hathersage from Glossop and then find a good spot on the climb out of there. Then ride back to Glossop from there.

Anyone's welcome to ride over from Glossop with me at a fairly social pace. Otherwise maybe see you on the climb. I've got a "stealth bomber" dark grey Btwin 720

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It looks like it's going to be dry on Friday according to the current forecast. I'm just back from hols so going to take it easy-ish and ride over to Hathersage from Glossop and then find a good spot on the climb out of there. Then ride back to Glossop from there.

Anyone's welcome to ride over from Glossop with me at a fairly social pace. Otherwise maybe see you on the climb. I've got a "stealth bomber" dark grey Btwin 720
You have more faith in long range forecasting than me Nick!

Top Bottom