FNRttC Friday Night Ride to......Brighton on Friday 17th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Entry form filled in . . .

. . . now, where's the form that guarantees I get to the other end? ^_^ :laugh:
Or to the start

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Was it sleep deprivation or do I remember scoffing cake at English Marty's in Strood once and someone shouted out "Does anyone have a pentagonal Allen key?"
Maybe I dreamed it.

(That was also, I think, the time I had a mudguard snafu, and was relieved to be able to secretly fix with duck tape it at Strood without anyone seeing)

U

User10571

Was it sleep deprivation or do I remember scoffing cake at English Marty's in Strood once and someone shouted out "Does anyone have a pentagonal Allen key?"
Maybe I dreamed it.

(That was also, I think, the time I had a mudguard snafu, and was relieved to be able to secretly fix with duck tape it at Strood without anyone seeing)
My bold.
They exist. I've used one.
It came with something - but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.
Sorry.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
one of my gear cables snapped 1/2 mile from Hyde Park Corner.
On the Man Of Kent 200k PBP qualifier one of @frank9755 's gear cables broke. He tied it to a bottle cage and the lack of gears slowed him right down - to my pace so he pottered along as we chatted. (But after the Romney March cafe he sped up and was back well before me.)

mmmmartin

Random geezer

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Maybe I dreamed it.

If you dreamt it, then so did I, and as others have suggested it was probably for a security skewer. I don't remember if that was Wetstable or wonderful-tailwind-stable

ianmac62

Guru
Just spotted that the ride is open and have signed up.

I plead guilty to:
  • telling the London Brompton Club, on one of their first rides in 2012, about FNRttC and what a splendid club it was
  • having the puncture on my Brommie front wheel at London Bridge during this year's Southend ride
  • providing @Mr Orange with a cable-tie to fix his Brommie derailleur during this year's Whitstable ride
I cannot think of any extenuating circumstances and throw myself upon the mercy of the court.

Top Bottom