FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Umm, I think you've linked to the wrong article...
It could have been much worse

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shoreham will definitely be in the calendar for at least one ride next year.

For anyone who can't wait, here's a live view...........

There's all sorts of alien going on with that webcam....:wacko: And little furry creatures like that runway. Strangely watchable

upload_2016-5-28_22-52-14.png

Last edited:
U

User10571

There's all sorts of alien going on with that webcam....:wacko: And little furry creatures like that runway. Strangely watchable

View attachment 129979
I sit in front of 2 iMacs. One is where most Stuff gets done. The other one, the older one, is used to run music, radio & watch the occasional DVD.
I've taken to having runway 02 on full screen, next to the screen which I'm using - there's been some interesting planes flying in and out this morning - a couple of bi-planes, a Chipmunk in RAF colours and a few moments ago, this:
27228213012_efbeabb794_b.jpg

I know..... I should get out more....

Eddie_C

Über Member
I had to miss this last weekend, but took the opportunity yesterday to ride the route (thank you @Dogtrousers for posting). And what a splendid route it was.
Lovely country lanes, barely any traffic, glorious countryside, and a virtually level crossing of the South Downs. And to top it all, a splendid breakfast at the airport. So, Shoreham is one not to be missed. Do hope to join you all next year on the repeat.
Thanks @Flying Dodo for arranging.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Did some fettling of the Cube after experiencing some knee pain after a few short rides and found out that the seat was actually set way way way too low. This is probably one of the reasons why i fatigued so early on - Ive done 20-30mile rides on my hybrid before and never had a problem with legs being too fatigued though I never really climbed that many hills or steep inclines along the way either.

I know im grasping at straws here (or just making excuses :tongue:) but i would like to attempt the ride again but Im not sure how far i would get as that leg of the journey through Croydon with the hills was the death of me. I had no problems keeping up before those hills though.

I would like to attempt the ride knowing that im going to fail again anyway but persistence is the key and if i make it further than Croydon then its a positive step forward even though Ive had to drop out.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Your next target after Croydon is Gatwick. After that it is seaside.

For some reason after reading your comment all i could think of was W.Churchill's epic speech about fighting on the beaches. Since its gnarly outside right now with all the intermittent wind and rain - i wont be able to test the adjustments till tomorrow.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Did some fettling of the Cube after experiencing some knee pain after a few short rides and found out that the seat was actually set way way way too low. This is probably one of the reasons why i fatigued so early on - Ive done 20-30mile rides on my hybrid before and never had a problem with legs being too fatigued though I never really climbed that many hills or steep inclines along the way either.

I know im grasping at straws here (or just making excuses :tongue:) but i would like to attempt the ride again but Im not sure how far i would get as that leg of the journey through Croydon with the hills was the death of me. I had no problems keeping up before those hills though.

I would like to attempt the ride knowing that im going to fail again anyway but persistence is the key and if i make it further than Croydon then its a positive step forward even though Ive had to drop out.
Have you ever had a proper bike fit? Money well spent.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

I very nearly did a runner at Clapham Common once. That's probably no more than three miles from the start. The kind riders gently persuaded me to carry on for a bit but the prospect of a railway bridge somewhere south of Tooting was the final straw, and I turned tail and bimbled back home. These things happen. There's no need to feel any remorse. With time, it usually gets better.:okay:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Never - its normally too costly (£300 or more??? at least it was last time i checked) but i might look into it for the Cube.
£300? Is there a bike shop in Harrods? One on the bike fitting.com system (which I had some years back) is about £70- done well over 30k miles since without issues. Even the full-on rider analysis fits are under £200.

Top Bottom