FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this is way early, but.....

When the programme of rides for 2014 was put together I thought that circumstances might prevent me undertaking a recce ride. Things are more hopeful now, and I reckon I can manage - although I'd love company for all or part of what will probably be a night time recce. I'll write to those of you who've been in touch offering to help.

Train tickets to York and away from Hull are now available. I'm hanging around in Hull for a while after the ride, the better to savour the local beer. Which, strange to say, is called 'Peroni'

For those of you who are not across the FNRttC thing, there's a link at the bottom of this post. This ride is unusual in that it gets 'out of town' in three miles, which, for Londoners, is something of a luxury. It's about 35 miles to the halfway stop at Garthorpe Village Hall and another 35 miles to Hull via the Humber Bridge. The Bridge is a highlight (and if you've not ridden over it, then you have a treat in store), but my favourite stretch is from Goole to Garthorpe - dead flat across the drained flatlands with a massive berm holding back the water to one side.

The usual thing - registration by e-mail please with the bunph set out on the 'registration' page. And if some kind soul could find a link to last year's thread that would be good.........

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Yay !
Just be sure to have enough lights Wanda; if in doubt, it's probably best to get another one ;)

Me too please DZ.
I'll send an e-mail and I'll inform the rest of the Chorlton(CH) massive.

wanda2010

Guru
Yay !
Just be sure to have enough lights Wanda; if in doubt, it's probably best to get another one ;)

Me too please DZ.
I'll send an e-mail and I'll inform the rest of the Chorlton(CH) massive.

You are such a bad influence! I have more than lights enough, thank you.

Possibly ^_^

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It is possible that there are people, deep in the Amazonian rainforest, as yet unaware of the joy of this ride. It is one of the very best. The trip on the train to York is about £13 and the ride is as flat as a flat thing feeling very flat, on a flat day. And as a small adventure it simply cannot be beaten. One of my favourites. And I say that as someone who has, after the ride, twice ridden back to London from Hull. That is a long way, I can tell you. (Once it was torrential rain, once it was a terrific headwind. Nuff said.)

I would deffo do this ride but alas will be in France. (It's a tough job but someone has to do it)

Cubist

Still wavin'
@vernon has managed to convince me to do this ride. I'll look into registration and so on and book the Friday off work. A mate has also expressed an interest.

Edit: ctc paid up and email sent

Last edited:
U

User10571

mmmmmmmartin, I am delighted that you have a new avatar.
So less offensive than your last one :smile:
Thank you.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I am hoping to persuade my friend Mad Jack McMad @MarjMJ to repeat her attendance. Last year she probably managed to talk to more other Fridays in one night than I have in umpteen.

Edit. I have failed. Bum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom