FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Tell her it's healthier to cycle...and you will also drink less breakfast beer than if you catch the train after a morning session in Pasaz with the evil @dellzeqq.
Oddly enough, i'd already told her that there would be beer involved. This wasn't a problem!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Leave sorted, hopefully, so I've taken a chance and bought the train tickets (well, London-York, there are no advance deals from down here). Email sent.

Tim Hall

(idly speculates on the possibilities of doing this)

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@Tim Hall This is, in the opinion of many FNRttC-ers, the best ride of the lot. York is great, Goole is certainly worth a visit and of course The Bridge is a fantastic experience. Hull is worth seeing as it is about as different from southeast England as you can get.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
As a 'local' I can assure SE people that haven't visited the area for this run that it is a really well-worth it destination. York alone is a dream, loads of eateries/pubs/food joints to carb up in. The Minster alone is breathtaking to behold close up, night or day.

I don't know the exact route as that is something only revealed on the night out of an envelope by someone in a white lab coat, but the built up part of York should be behind by 2 miles in. Then (depending on route) it should be quiet (if not deserted roads) all the way to Goole just about.

After Goole, it's out into the blackness till we cross the Trent at Gunness (tbc by @dellzeqq and the lab-coated assistant) After that I assume we skirt to the west/north of Sc*nthorpe and head out into the lightening skies towards the Humber Bridge*.

After the Humber bridge I assume again it is a drop down into Hessle, and a dawn run allong Hull road towards the city centre and Pasaz?

*Still the LONGEST single-span suspension bridge in the WORLD**

After the obligatory beery breakfast (can't wait for that) I will be heading off in a northerly direction towards Beverley and Driffield, and anyone making a return journey towards York would be more than welcome to join me and (weather permitting) sample some of the 'Big Sky' views from the top of the wolds.

**That you can actually ride a bike on (for free) but I will accept donations on the night for it's upkeep :whistle:

Tim Hall

Ok. Ok. I have to look at diaries and stuff. It'll be on a bendy bike, as all the bike spaces on reasonably priced services have gone as far as I can tell.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ok. Ok. I have to look at diaries and stuff. It'll be on a bendy bike, as all the bike spaces on reasonably priced services have gone as far as I can tell.
I took the decision to buy the tickets yesterday, despite not being absolutely certain I've got the time off, as prices for the services on Friday afternoon & Sunday morning were already going up, particularly on the quicker ones back down. Got the cheapest London-York deal I could, coming back I got the last 1st class advance fare on a slower train :smile: Advance fares from Pompey to York briefly appeared this morning, then disappeared just as quickly.

Top Bottom