FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Newhaven, Dieppe, Paris 22, 23, 24 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
We cycled on to this place, http://www.chateau-fleury-la-foret.com/ which is absolutely gorgeous but 25 miles further on from Saint-Saens (3 miles away from the coffee stop, the lovely bakery in Morgny. One has to have dinner before getting there, and arrives rather late in the evening, so Saint-Saens seems like the better option.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I have booked my ferry ticket for me and a bicycle so I can decide which bike to use later! Probably will be the Brompton...... As my big bike still is awaiting the puncture to be repaired after last years trip to Paris..... Mr Dellzeqq could you please add my name to the list of runners and riders please.

AKA Bob

10 spaces released - get in there now!

Forgot to say thank you for sorting this out. Also just looked at my diary thinking that this would be good preparation for the London Revolution to find that journey of 180 miles around London is the previous weekend. I will definately need to sort out that double chain ring.....

AKA Bob

2896898 said:
Is that a Brompton double chainring bodge?

It would be found the 39 chainring great last year for climbing those horrid Alps Hills (the climb that just keeps giving and giving!) but would prefer not to have to get out an allen key to change chainrings,

AKA Bob

2896934 said:
I'd be interested to see that. I met a Bromptonista with a smaller chaining bolted to, and outboard of, the standard one. I would have thought inboard made more sense but it is all very cramped.

Can go inboard but then you can't fold the bike as chainring hits rear frame during the fold so out board works best unless you start putting a different bottom bracket in.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
As my big bike still is awaiting the puncture to be repaired after last years trip to Paris
If only you went on rides that had people at the back who could fix things like punctures. Oh, hang on....

In other news, am now regretting my offer to help out on the Hundred Mile Walk, would rather ride with you to Paris, but can't get out of it now.

StuartG

slower but further
Bonjour ,
Je vous confirme la réservation de la chambre Marie De Cassagnet pour 2 personnes le vendredi 23 mai 2014 .
Cordialement. Isabelle

Any one who has not experienced L'Abbeye @ Saint -Saens really should. It is even worth trying to sleep through my snores if you want to share this room:
http://www.ledomainedelabbaye.com/chambre-marie-de-cassagnet.php

AKA Bob

Bonjour ,
Je vous confirme la réservation de la chambre Marie De Cassagnet pour 2 personnes le vendredi 23 mai 2014 .
Cordialement. Isabelle

Any one who has not experienced L'Abbeye @ Saint -Saens really should. It is even worth trying to sleep through my snores if you want to share this room:
http://www.ledomainedelabbaye.com/chambre-marie-de-cassagnet.php

Temping offer Stuart but Madame has confirmed my booking in la chambre Anne Le Tellier! Where I plan to snore away on my own.....

StuartG

slower but further
The good news for DZ is that if people can get a ferry ticket then we should be able to squeeze them in here. Except its not exactly a squeeze!

Paging @Adrian & @User13710 and anybody else - if you fancy a non-Paris trip I'm thinking of continuing down the gorgeous River Eure at Gisors across the Seine and on to Anet (10km north of Dreux) on the other Eure river for Saturday night. Then follow that pretty river up towards Rouen and a bike friendly PremiereClasse Sunday night and back to Dieppe Bank Holiday Monday. But I'm open to any other ideas.

Tim Hall

Simon & Susie's plan is in the OP Tim. StuG is heading back on Monday evening apparently. I haven't decided what I'm doing yet.
Ah, got it, thanks. Is booking the outbound ferry now and leaving the return option for a bit a Good Idea? Not being a veteran of such foreign jaunts all help gratefully received.

Top Bottom